PBS Publication on BiosafetyMay 6, 2011
A Frequently Asked Questions material on biosafety developed by the Program for Biosafety Systems (PBS) Philippines is available online, entitled "Understanding Biotechnology and Biosafety: An overview of common concerns and risk management". The material discusses the different biosafety methods scientists and regulators use to manage and minimize risk from development to commercial release. It is a product of the PBS Training of Trainors Program.
Direct link is at http://biotech.uplb.edu.ph/biosafety.pdf.
The Crop Biotech Update is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. The CBU is distributed for free to over 23,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in agricultural biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Global Initiative for Food and Ag Policy
- Need to Address Issues Regarding Benefit Sharing in ITPGRFA
- Restoration Seed Banks Proposed
- Seed Conditioning Facility in South Africa
- Soybean and Sunflower in Ethiopia?
- Biotech Crops in South Africa
- Atlantic Food Summit Panel Highlights Biotechnology
- Delivering Nutritionally Enhanced Sorghum to Africa
- Formidable Fungal Force Counters Biofuel Plant Pathogens
- Improving Wheat and Durum Varieties for Western Canadian Farmers
- One Corn Gene Provides Resistance to Multiple Diseases
- Selaginella Genome Sequence Maybe Key to Plant Evolutionary Puzzle
- Scientists Conclude Origin of Rice
- Plants Duplicate Chromosomes to Adapt
- ISAAA Publishes "Bt Cotton in India: A Multipurpose Crop"
- China Launches Agri-Science and Technology Program
- CAU-Purdue Research Collaboration Forged
- Filipino Farmers and Key Stakeholders Participate in Biotech Communication Workshop
- Filipino Farmers Ratify Resolution Supporting Bt Eggplant Trials
- INRA's Metaprogrammes for Global Agronomic Research
- QTL Mapping for Resistance to 1st and 2nd Generation of European Corn Borer
- Transgenic Production of Arachidonic Acid in Oilseeds
- Distribution of Genes Controlling Fruit Shape in the Tomato Germplasm and the Relationship to Fruit Shape Diversity
Beyond Crop Biotech
- GM Mosquitoes to Combat Malaria
- Japanese Scientists Engineer Retina
- France – Annual Conference of the National Federation of Farmers
- International Conference on Agricultural, Biosystems, Biotechnology and Biological Engineering
- PBS Publication on Biosafety
Read the latest:
- Crop Biotech Update (August 10, 2022)
- Genome Editing Supplement (August 10, 2022)
- Gene Drive Supplement (July 27, 2022)
Subscribe to CBU: