ISAAA Webinar: Science and Opportunities for Biotech (GE and GEd) Poultry in Food and AgricultureMay 12, 2021
Genetic engineering and gene editing allow scientists to improve the characteristics of living organisms, including poultry. Thus, these tools provide solutions and opportunities in food and agriculture. ISAAA will hold a webinar on Science and Opportunities for Biotech (GE and GEd) Poultry in Food and Agriculture on May 13, 2021, at 12 PM GMT+8 via Zoom.
During the webinar, Dr. Tim Doran, Senior Principal Research Scientist at CSIRO, will discuss the following topics:
- the basic concept of biotechnology, particularly genetic engineering and genome editing
- biotechnology applications in poultry for food and agriculture
- CSIRO's research on biotech poultry
The webinar is the first session of the Asia Oceania Regional Animal Biotech Webinar Series hosted by ISAAA SEAsiaCenter, in collaboration with the US Department of Agriculture, Chinese Society of Biotechnology, Indonesian Biotechnology Information Center, Nippon Biotechnology Information Center, Malaysian Biotechnology Information Center, Pakistan Biotechnology Information Center - Lahore Chapter, Pakistan Biotechnology Information Center - Karachi Chapter, and Vietnam Biotechnology Information Service.
Registration is free and open to all. Sign up now on Zoom.
You might also like:
- Biotechnology for the Livestock Industry
- CRISPR Offers Glowing Solution to Male Chicks Culling Problem
- GM Chickens Developed to Lay Anti-cancer Eggs
The Crop Biotech Update is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. The CBU is distributed for free to over 23,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in agricultural biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Nutrition Expert Dr. Shakuntala Haraksingh Thilsted is 2021 World Food Prize Awardee
- Sarah Evanega Wins 2021 Borlaug CAST Communication Award
- ISAAA Webinar: Science and Opportunities for Biotech (GE and GEd) Poultry in Food and Agriculture
- First GM Mosquitoes Deployed in the United States
- Researchers Identify 11 Genes for Carotenoid Traits in Corn Kernels
- Traceable Drought-Tolerant Wheat Products Set for Argentina, Brazil Consumers
- South Australia Plants GM Crops after Lifting Ban
- Philippine Government Continues Capacity Enhancement Training for Regulators
- Research Team Discovers Gene Combination that Gives Oats Resistance to Root Disease
- Scientists Boost Recombinant Protein Production in Soybean Seeds
Plant Breeding Innovations
- Rothamsted Research Submits Application to Defra for Field Trial of Gene-Edited Wheat
- The Regulatory Landscape for Genome-edited Plants is Rapidly Changing, Experts Say
Read the latest:
- Crop Biotech Update (September 28, 2022)
- Genome Editing Supplement (September 21, 2022)
- Gene Drive Supplement (September 28, 2022)
Subscribe to CBU: