Sarah Evanega Wins 2021 Borlaug CAST Communication AwardMay 12, 2021
Dr. Sarah Evanega, founding director of the Cornell Alliance for Science, has been hailed by the Council for Agricultural Science and Technology (CAST) as the 2021 Borlaug CAST Communication Awardee.
Dr. Evanega's efforts in leadership were recognized, particularly in leading the Alliance, a global initiative involving an international network of science allies. The Alliance has trained 800 individuals from 50 countries to use innovative, progressive tools in communicating about agricultural science. Dr. Evanega led the formation of a global platform that gives opportunities for people to express their support to agricultural technologies. She also launched the "Modified" food truck, an imaginative outreach tool that will travel to different locations in the US to deliver compelling, science-based information about GM foods with edible samples. A team of science communicators will engage the public about science and its role in fighting climate change and food insecurity.
The award will be presented to Dr. Evanega during the World Food Prize Symposium in October 2021. According to CAST, the award honors the legacies of Nobel Prize winner Dr. Norman Borlaug and Dr. Charles Black, the first president of CAST.Read the press release from CAST.
You might also like:
- 2016 Borlaug CAST Communication Award Goes to Dr. Kevin Folta
- Cornell Alliance for Science Launches Global Conversation to End Hunger
- Cornell Alliance Launches New Campaign to Support Agri Innovations in Developing Nations
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Nutrition Expert Dr. Shakuntala Haraksingh Thilsted is 2021 World Food Prize Awardee
- Sarah Evanega Wins 2021 Borlaug CAST Communication Award
- ISAAA Webinar: Science and Opportunities for Biotech (GE and GEd) Poultry in Food and Agriculture
- First GM Mosquitoes Deployed in the United States
- Researchers Identify 11 Genes for Carotenoid Traits in Corn Kernels
- Traceable Drought-Tolerant Wheat Products Set for Argentina, Brazil Consumers
- South Australia Plants GM Crops after Lifting Ban
- Philippine Government Continues Capacity Enhancement Training for Regulators
- Research Team Discovers Gene Combination that Gives Oats Resistance to Root Disease
- Scientists Boost Recombinant Protein Production in Soybean Seeds
- Rothamsted Research Submits Application to Defra for Field Trial of Gene-Edited Wheat
- The Regulatory Landscape for Genome-edited Plants is Rapidly Changing, Experts Say
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (February 1, 2023)
- Genome Editing Supplement (January 18, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (January 25, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: