Biotech Experts to Tackle Impact of Agri-Biotech in VietnamMarch 31, 2021
ISAAA invites you to the webinar, "Contributions of Agricultural Biotechnology Adoption in Vietnam" to be held on April 7, 2021, at 2 PM (GMT+7) via Zoom.
During the webinar, agricultural economist Graham Brookes of PG Economics will share the highlights of his study on the economic and environmental benefits of GM crops from 1996 to 2018, particularly the following:
- agricultural environmental impact;
- return on investment for the farmers using the technology;
- contribution to global food security; and
- Vietnam's experience in GM crop adoption.
Graham Brookes is an agricultural economist and consultant with more than 30 years of experience in examining economic issues relating to the agricultural and food sectors. He is a specialist in analyzing the impact of technology, policy changes, and regulatory impact.
ISAAA SEAsiaCenter and Global Knowledge Center on Crop Biotechnology Director, Dr. Rhodora Romero-Aldemita, will share about the global adoption of biotech crops in 2019. Dr. Tran Xuan Dinh, General Secretary of Vietnam Seed Trade Association, and Mr. Nguyen Xuan Dinh, Vice Chairman of Vietnams Farmers' Union, will share Vietnam's experiences and perspectives on agri-biotech.
This webinar is hosted by ISAAA SEAsiaCenter, Vietnam Seed Trade Association, and Vietnam Farmers' Union. Dr. Le Huy Ham, Chairman of the National GM Food Feed Committee, will serve as the moderator of the discussions.
Register now for free at bit.ly/GlobalGMCropsVN.
You might also like:
- GM Crop Events approved in Vietnam
- Biotech Crops Continue to Become Beneficial and Popular in Vietnam
- Farmer Survey Reveals Significant Economic, Environmental Benefits From GM Corn in Vietnam
The Crop Biotech Update is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. The CBU is distributed for free to over 23,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in agricultural biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
- Plant-Based COVID-19 Vaccine Candidate Starts Phase 3 Trial
News from Around the World
- Biosafety and Varietal Release Authorities' Interaction Vital in Commercialization of GM Crops in Africa
- Newly Elected Leaders in Central Uganda Pledge Support for GM Crops
- Chickpea to Get Nutrition Boost from Hardy and Weedy Wild Relatives
- First Known Gene Transfer from Plant to Insect Reported
- Punjab Issues Schedule for Sowing of Registered Bt Cotton Varieties
- Biotech Experts to Tackle Impact of Agri-Biotech in Vietnam
- Study Reveals Plants Remember Drought
- Researchers Identify Where and How Plants Detect Potassium
- Mango Genome Sequence Leads to Candidate Genes for Fruit Quality
Plant Breeding Innovations
- ISAAA Webinar Puts Genome Editing in the Spotlight
- CRISPR-Cas12a Expands Genome Engineering with Six Novel Variants
Read the latest:
- Crop Biotech Update (September 21, 2022)
- Genome Editing Supplement (September 21, 2022)
- Gene Drive Supplement (August 31, 2022)
Subscribe to CBU: