Biotech Experts to Tackle the Role of Biotech in Indonesia's Food SecurityNovember 25, 2020
ISAAA invites all Indonesian stakeholders to the webinar The Role of Biotechnology in Supporting Food Security in Indonesia to be held on November 27, 2020, at 3:15 PM (GMT+7) via Zoom. Most of the talks will be delivered in Bahasa Indonesia.
During this ISAAA webinar, agricultural economist Graham Brookes of PG Economics will share the highlights of his study on the economic and environmental benefits of GM crops from 1996 to 2018, particularly the following:
- agricultural environmental impact;
- return on investment for the farmers using the technology; and
- contribution to global food security.
Graham Brookes is an agricultural economist and consultant with more than 30 years' experience in examining economic issues relating to the agricultural and food sectors. He is a specialist in analyzing the impact of technology, policy changes, and regulatory impact.
Experts from IPB University, Sekolah Vokasi IPB/CARE IPB, and SEAMEO BIOTROP will also share their knowledge and experiences during the webinar.
This webinar is hosted by the Indonesian Biotechnology Information Center (IndoBIC) and ISAAA SEAsiaCenter, together with partners. Dr. Bambang Puntawara, IndoBIC Director, will serve as the moderator of the webinar.
Register now for free to reserve a slot.
You might also like:
- First GM Crop in Indonesia Soon to be Commercialized
- Study: Food Security Needs More from GM Crops
- Food Security Expert Says COVID-19 Pandemic Calls for Reassessment of Food Systems
The Crop Biotech Update is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a non-for-profit organization. The CBU is distributed for free to over 23,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in agricultural biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
- Digital CRISPR-Cas‐Assisted Assay for Rapid SARS‐CoV‐2 Detection
News from Around the World
- Online Animal Biotech Discourses Cover Market and Public Readiness
- International Research Group Confirms Contribution of Bioenergy to Climate Change Mitigation
- FAO Urges G20 to Support Farmers, Protect the Vulnerable and Invest in Innovation
- OFAB Nigeria Celebrates Exemplary Science Journalism
- International Research Team Identifies Genetics Behind Deadly Oat Blight
- Study Details Efforts to Predict Corn Traits Based on Genomic and Data Analytics
- Researchers Reveal Switch Used in Plant Defense against Animal Attack
- Giant Virus Genomes Found Riding on Algae Genomes
- Biotech Experts to Tackle the Role of Biotech in Indonesia's Food Security
- EFSA Publishes Scientific Opinion on Two-Event Stack Soybean DAS-81419-2 × DAS-44406-6
- GM Maize Feed Safe For Quails
- GmMYB3a Overexpression Improves Drought Tolerance in Peanuts
Subscribe to CBU: