Australian OGTR Invites Public Comments on GM Clover Field TrialNovember 18, 2020
The Australian Office of the Gene Technology Regulator (OGTR) invites comments from the public to assess license application DIR 176 from PTM Solutions Australia Pty Ltd to conduct a field trial of white clover genetically modified for increased condensed tannins in leaves.
The field trial is proposed to be conducted in up to four sites per year, with a maximum total area of one hectare per year, over five and a half years. Sites will be selected from 117 local government areas. The GM white clover grown in this field trial would not be used for human food or animal feed.
The Gene Regulator has prepared a Risk Assessment and Risk Management Plan (RARMP) for this application and welcomes written submissions on issues relating to the protection of human health and safety and the environment prior to making a decision on whether or not to issue the license. Submissions for DIR 176 should be received by January 5, 2021.
For more details on how to submit comments, visit the DIR 176 page on the OGTR website.
You might also like:
- Australian OGTR Receives License Application for Field Trial of GM White Clover
- Three Years More for GM Clover Release
- Australia Eyeing Trial for GM Clover
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- International Rescue Brings Syria's Seed Collection Back to Svalbard
- OFAB-Kenya Celebrates Media's Contribution to Promoting Agri-biotech
- Extra Gene Pairs and Biological Clock Control Important Plant Functions
- Texas AgriLife Makes Breakthrough in Fight Against Plant Diseases
- Honduran Farmers Attest to GM Maize Benefits
- Bansal Leads Initiative to Evaluate ~22,000 Wheat Accessions
- Australian OGTR Invites Public Comments on GM Clover Field Trial
- Pakistan's Agriculture Industry Remains Open for Biotech Opportunities
- Virtual Tech Forum to Tackle Environmental Impact of GM Crops
- More Clues on the Mystery of Fast-evolving Genes Found in ‘Junk DNA'
- Report Forecasts Healthy Growth for Gene Editing Market
- Chemists Discover Structure of Key SARS-CoV-2 Protein
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (November 29, 2023)
- Gene Editing Supplement (November 29, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: