"Pink Bollworm Management Strategy" Book Now Available in TeluguJuly 18, 2018
Supported by Better Cotton Initiative (BCI) and The Sustainable Trade Initiative (IDH), the book Cotton Pink Bollworm Management Strategy produced by the South Asia Biotechnology Centre (SABC) and Indian Society for Cotton Improvement (ISCI) is now available in Telugu. The book is authored by Dr. CD Mayee and Bhagirath Choudhary of SABC as a part of the campaign War on Pink Bollworm implemented jointly by SABC, ISCI, and Agrovision Foundation.
In the past, the pink bollworm strategy was published in other Indian local languages including Gujarati, Hindi, and Marathi to cater to a large base of cotton farmers of Northern India, Gujarat, and Maharashtra. The Telugu version of Cotton Pink Bollworm Management Strategy highlights the nature of the dreaded pest, its life cycle, reasons of resistance development in pink bollworm and nature of symptoms and damage and proposes, farmers' friendly and easy-to-implement, strategies for both pre-cultivation, post-planting, and post-harvest of cotton. The Telugu version is meant to spread awareness, "dos & don'ts" on pink bollworm, and educate farmers of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana States of Southern cotton growing zones.
Download a free copy of Telugu version of Cotton Pink Bollworm Management Strategy from the SABC or ISCI website. For printed copies, contact the South Asia Biotechnology Centre by email addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org or Rajeev Baruah of BCI at email@example.com.
The Crop Biotech Update is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a non-for-profit organization. The CBU is distributed for free to over 23,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in agricultural biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Experts Tackle Importance of GM Crops Commercialization in Beijing
- African Scientists Challenged to Invest in Developing Communication Skills
- International Research Team Discovers Genetic Mechanism that Allows Rice to Survive Flooding
- Farm Babe Debunks Myths about GMOs
- Japanese Researchers Assemble First Accurate Buckwheat Genome
- Cornell Alliance for Science Calls for Comments for Golden Rice in PH
- Vietnamese Farmers Share Experiences in GM Maize Planting
- Socio-economic Aspect of GM Crops Highlighted in Symposium
- Australian OGTR Issues License for GM Wheat Field Trials
- EFSA Publishes Scientific Opinion on Four-Event Stack Maize Bt11 × MIR162 × 1507 × GA21
- Sugarcane Genome Has Finally Been Sequenced
- ZmNBS25 from Maize Functions as a Disease Resistance Gene Across Species
- Upregulation of Lipid Biosynthesis Increases the Oil Content in Sorghum
Plant Breeding Innovations
- Researchers Find Soybean Genes for Alkaline Stress Resistance
- FaTM6 Controls Flower Development in Strawberry
- OsIPMS1 Gene Involved in Seed Vigor and Energy Metabolism in Rice
- Chinese Scientists Develop Improved CRISPR System
From the BICs
- "Pink Bollworm Management Strategy" Book Now Available in Telugu
- CRISPR Can Speed up Nature and Change How We Grow Food
Subscribe to CBU: