US Consumers' Perception of Biotech CropsJanuary 15, 2014
Experts from University of Florida Edward Evans and Fredy Ballen released a report titled A Synopsis of US Consumer Perception of Genetically Modified (Biotech Crops). The report summarizes recent developments in GM food crops and assessment of US public opinion on GM foods based on secondary sources.
The authors said that public opinion is moving slowly toward acceptance of biotech foods globally. Recent studies have shown that consumers are willing to accept biotech foods when provided with information about the safety of the products. Thus, it is important that the public be presented with information about biotechnology and biotech-derived food products.
Download a copy of the report at http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/fe934.
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Major Economic Models Point Direction on World's Agriculture, Climate Change
- Biotic Stress: From Gene to Field
- Adesina Calls on Speeding Up Biosafety Bill Approval
- TWAS-ARO Organize S&T Education for Sustainable Development in Arab Region Conference
- US Consumers' Perception of Biotech Crops
- General Mills' Cheerios Reinforce Safety of Biotech Crops
- Fraley: Biotech Wheat Moves Closer to Market
- Researchers Discover Another Pathway for Amino Acid Production in Plants
- Indian National Science Academy Fellowship Conferred on ICRISAT Scientist
- Scientists Discover Plant Mechanism to Stimulate their Growth Even Under Stress
- EFSA: GM Soybean 305423 is as Safe as its Conventional Counterpart
- Wheat Genome Dataset to Help Researchers Improve the Grain
- Overexpression of Glucanase in Maize for Direct Use in Animal Feed
- Gene from Arabidopsis Improves Drought Tolerance of Indica Rice
- Effect of Biotech Maize 5307 on Non-target Organisms
Beyond Crop Biotech
- Coppicing Response Gene in Biomass Willow Identified
- Scientists Use Metabolic Engineering to Modify Omega-3 Fatty Acids in Microalgae
- 2nd Plant Genomics Congress
- 5th World Congress on Biotechnology
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (February 1, 2023)
- Genome Editing Supplement (January 18, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (January 25, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: