S&W Company Releases First Ever Group 8 Dormancy Salt Tolerant AlfalfaJune 25, 2010
S&W Company announced the launch of their newly certified alfalfa variety, SW 8421S, which is the lone Group 8 dormancy salt tolerant alfalfa. This variety was particularly developed for important hay-growing areas within California and Arizona, USA and Latin America.
Compared to other certified varieties, SW 8412S is one of the highest yielding salt tolerant alfalfas, of any dormancy. Thus, farmers are expected to produce more yields in both salty soils and non-salty soils in warm climates. S&W CEO Mark Grewal said: "Producing higher hay tonnage is the key to putting more money in the farmers' pockets. SW 8421S helps farmers grow high quality hay with low quality ground or water, and is also superior for ground or water that doesn't have salt. We expect it will sell well in the many geographical areas where Group 8 dormancy is the norm."
Fore more details, visit http://news.agropages.com/News/Newsdetail---2561.htm.
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Halving Hunger through "Business as Unusual"
- UK Support for Global Food Security
- Report Says Enhance Food Security in Africa through S & T
- S&W Company Releases First Ever Group 8 Dormancy Salt Tolerant Alfalfa
- US Supreme Court Favors Release of Roundup Ready Alfalfa
- Pioneer Experts Warns Soybean Growers Against White Mold
- INIA Disproves Claim of Illegally Planted Transgenic Maize in Peru
- KSU and Monsanto Collaborate to Develop Better Wheat Varieties
- Monsanto Beachell-Borlaug Program 2010 Winners
- GM Canola in High Demand in Western Australia
- Malaysian GMAC Formed
- Australian Approval for Field Testing of GM Wheat for Drought and Heat Resistance
- Golden Spirulina Being Studied in Thailand
- Cotton Seed Distributors to Release Three New Cotton Varieties
- EFSA Meets with Member States re ERA
- Plants Sex Influence Offspring Seed Size and Survival
- A New Test for the Anthurium Blight in Europe
- Development of Monsanto's Glyphosate-resistant Cotton
- Scientists Investigate the Nitrogen and Genotype Effects on Protein and Amino Acid Distribution in Rice
- Adaptation Could Improve Maize Yield and Evapotranspiration Amidst Climate Change
- European Forum for Industrial Biotechnology 2010 in Edinburgh
- Q-bank Databases Officially Launched
- Biosafety Capacities - FAO
- Climate Change and Agriculture: Impacts Adaption and Mitigation
- Video: Technical Meeting on the Updated Guidance Document on ERA of GM Plants
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (September 20, 2023)
- Gene Editing Supplement (September 13, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: