Pakistan Launches Digital Initiative to Empower FarmersOctober 20, 2021
A digital initiative has been launched in Pakistan's fertile Punjab province to empower farmers with digital agriculture solutions and to create smart villages. This is the first of its kind digital agriculture community network project in Pakistan.
A ‘Digital Dera' (technology-enabled community) has been set up at Chak 26-SP in the Pakpattan region of Punjab, offering more than 1,500 farmers from across the rural belt to help them find solutions to farming challenges by learning about the latest agriculture technology and services.
Digital Dera aims to contribute as an agriculture and food security innovation lab where AgriTech startups and investors from around the country can visit and test their products and innovations in an actual agricultural space. It is equipped with high-speed Internet and will help build the capacity of small farmers latest with awareness sessions in the local language. It aims to empower local farmers through the power of Internet connectivity and access to the digital knowledge economy.
Read more from Pakistan Biotechnology Information Center - Karachi.
You might also like:
- Punjab Government Develops Strategy to Implement Modern Techniques in Pakistan's Agriculture Sector
- Ugandan Farmer Requests for Access to Beneficial Farming Technologies
- Cadres of Change: Transforming Biotech Farmers in China, India, and the Philippines
The Crop Biotech Update is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. The CBU is distributed for free to over 23,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in agricultural biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- World Food Day 2021 Honors Food Heroes
- UN Biodiversity Conference Intensifies Call to Bend the Curve of Biodiversity Loss
- Research Team Engineers Bioenergy-Friendly Fungi
- Researchers Discover Gene for Improved Tomato Flavor and Shelf-life
- Pakistan Launches Digital Initiative to Empower Farmers
- Scientists Identify Biotech Techniques to Improve Space Agriculture
- Invitation to the 4th Asian Short Course on Agri-biotech, Biosafety Regulation, and Communication (ASCA2021)
- Golden Rice Favored as It Tastes, Smells like Regular Rice, but More Nutritious
- Breakthrough to Help Coconut Propagation and Conservation
Plant Breeding Innovations
- No Difference Found in Meat, Milk From Gene Edited Cows vs Conventional Cows
- CRISPR-Cas9 Used to Confer Sulfamethoxazole Resistance in Arabidopsis
- Japan Begins Sale of Genome-Edited "Madai" Red Sea Bream
Read the latest:
- Crop Biotech Update (November 23, 2022)
- Genome Editing Supplement (November 23, 2022)
- Gene Drive Supplement (October 26, 2022)
Subscribe to CBU: