Webinar: Global Status of Biotech Crops and the Oceanian Biotech PerspectiveFebruary 24, 2021
Global biotech crop adoption in 2019 and the Oceanian biotechnology perspective will be presented through a webinar on March 11, 2021, at 4 PM AEDT via Zoom.
Australia was one of the pioneering countries that commercialized genetically engineered crops in 1996. In 2019, Australia ranked 13th in the list of GM crop-planting countries. More details on Australia's biotech adoption and other highlights of the ISAAA report, Global Status of Commercialized Biotech/GM Crops: 2019, will be discussed during the webinar, including the following:
- global area of biotech crops from 1996 to 2019;
- global adoption rates of principal crops;
- trends in approvals of GM events; and
- biotech approach to research, farming challenges, and future directions from the Oceanian perspective.
Panelists include experts from the La Trobe Institute for Food and Agriculture, International Service for the Acquisition of Agri-Biotech Applications, and the Australian Farmers Federation.
Register to the webinar now.
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- 24 World Food Prize Laureates Urge U.S. President to Make Fighting Global Hunger Top Priority
- GM Maize for Human Consumption Show Higher Yield Gains than Maize for Livestock in South Africa
- Cuba's Scientific Biotech Official Backs Safety of Transgenic Crops
- Researchers Identify Key Herbicide Resistance Gene in Ryegrass
- Awareness of GM Rice's Benefits Affects Public Acceptance in Malaysia
- Researchers Develop Cavendish Bananas Resistant to Panama Disease
- Webinar: Global Status of Biotech Crops and the Oceanian Biotech Perspective
- Researchers Discover Gene Promoting Rust Fungal Infection in Wheat
- German Researchers Use Optogenetics to Activate Plant Cell Activities
- Biotech Tools to Boost Essential Amino Acids in Maize
- Scientists Used CRISPR-Cas9 to Remove Caterpillar's Ability to Silence a Plant's Defense Alarm
- MitoTALENs Enable More Understanding of Plant Mitochondrial Genomes
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (December 7, 2023)
- Gene Editing Supplement (November 29, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: