International Collaboration to Discover Sources of Genetic Resistance to Corn DiseasesFebruary 1, 2017
An international collaboration has been formed to discover novel sources of genetic resistance to devastating corn diseases. 2Blades Foundation and Monsanto Company have formed the collaboration and 2Blades is set to deliver the resistance genes together with The Sainsbury Laboratory.
Diana Horvath, president of 2Blades said, "The combination of The Sainsbury Laboratory's extensive expertise in the molecular basis of plant disease, 2Blades' proficiency in managing the discovery and advancement of plant disease resistance, and Monsanto's proven ability to deliver products to farmers provide a strong foundation for producing new genetic solutions for corn diseases." The collaboration will carry out fundamental research and use of new genetic solutions to reduce crop losses due to diseases.
For more, read the news release at The Sainsbury Laboratory website.
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Uganda MP Wants Constituents to be First Beneficiaries of GM Crops
- AATF Establishes First Early Generation Seed Production Entity in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Research Discovers How Plants "Turn Off" Immune Response after Confronting Pathogens
- University of Florida Research Team Discovers Genetic Key to Restoring Tomato Flavor
- International Collaboration to Discover Sources of Genetic Resistance to Corn Diseases
- Study Shows Effects of Soil Salinity on Cry1Ac Expression in Bt Cotton
- Seed-specific Overexpression of BASS2 Enhances Oil Production in Arabidopsis Seeds
Beyond Crop Biotech
- Genomes of Two Human Malaria Species Revealed
- Scientists Develop New System that Use Mobile Phone to Treat Disease
- 4th Conference of Cereal Biotechnology and Breeding
- ISAAA in 2016
- The National Academies Releases Book on GE Crop Study
- Video: Hawaii GMO Papaya Real Solutions Real Lives
- Programming Antiviral Defenses in Plants through Genome Editing
- Researchers Use CRISPR/Cas9 for Precise Excision of Transgenes from Rice Genome
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (September 27, 2023)
- Gene Editing Supplement (September 27, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: