ISAAA in 2016February 1, 2017
In 2016, the U.S. National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine released a report concluding that biotech crops are safe. This was followed by the declaration of more than 100 Nobel Laureates, together with other scientists, calling upon biotech critics to cease and desist opposition to GM crops. The National Academies report and the Nobel Laureates' action delivered a strong, clear, and resounding message to the world that biotechnology is vital in combating the immense problems of the society: hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and climate change. For 25 years, ISAAA has been a part of the battle against these problems, as well as in addressing the claims of critics by delivering fact-based information through discourses and various media forms. ISAAA in 2016 summarizes the efforts of ISAAA to bring the benefits of biotechnology to the world, especially in the developing nations.
Get a copy of the report from ISAAA.
The Crop Biotech Update is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a non-for-profit organization. The CBU is distributed for free to over 23,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in agricultural biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Uganda MP Wants Constituents to be First Beneficiaries of GM Crops
- AATF Establishes First Early Generation Seed Production Entity in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Research Discovers How Plants "Turn Off" Immune Response after Confronting Pathogens
- University of Florida Research Team Discovers Genetic Key to Restoring Tomato Flavor
- International Collaboration to Discover Sources of Genetic Resistance to Corn Diseases
- Study Shows Effects of Soil Salinity on Cry1Ac Expression in Bt Cotton
- Seed-specific Overexpression of BASS2 Enhances Oil Production in Arabidopsis Seeds
Plant Breeding Innovations
- Programming Antiviral Defenses in Plants through Genome Editing
- Researchers Use CRISPR/Cas9 for Precise Excision of Transgenes from Rice Genome
Beyond Crop Biotech
- Genomes of Two Human Malaria Species Revealed
- Scientists Develop New System that Use Mobile Phone to Treat Disease
- 4th Conference of Cereal Biotechnology and Breeding
- ISAAA in 2016
- The National Academies Releases Book on GE Crop Study
- Video: Hawaii GMO Papaya Real Solutions Real Lives
Subscribe to CBU: