Country Biotech Facts and TrendsSeptember 9, 2015
ISAAA releases the second batch in the revised series Biotech Country Facts and Trends. This set features the five developing biotech countries of Burkina Faso, Myanmar, Mexico, Colombia, and Sudan. Biotech Country Facts and Trends are concise summaries highlighting the commercialization of biotech crops in specific countries.
Data on biotech crop commercialization (hectarage and adoption), approvals and planting, benefits and future prospects for each country are presented in a brief and easily understandable manner. The contents are based on ISAAA Brief 49: Global Status of Commercialized Biotech/GM Crops in 2014, authored by Clive James, Founder and Emeritus Chair of ISAAA.
The Biotech Country Facts and Trends are available for download at http://www.isaaa.org/resources/publications/biotech_country_facts_and_trends/default.asp.
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- UN Helps Developing Countries Enhance Their Climate Change Adaptation Strategies
- Kenya's NBA Receives Public Comments as it Examines Bt Maize Environmental Release Application
- Kenyan Parliamentarians Endorse Government Plan to Lift GMO Ban
- Major Vernalization Gene in Wheat Identified
- Australian OGTR Approves Field Trials of GM Cotton
- ICAR Emphasizes Importance of Field Trials of GM Crops
- South Korea President Park: Make Agriculture a Key Industry
- EU's Agriculture Committee Opposes National Bans on GM Food and Feed Imports
- Lipid Transfer Protein OsLTPL36 Essential in Seed Development and Seed Quality in Rice
- Modification of Resistance Gene Promoter for Broad-Spectrum Resistance to Bacterial Blight in Rice
- Overexpression of AhNF-YC from Amaranth Modifies Growth and Confers Drought Stress Resistance in Arabidopsis
Beyond Crop Biotech
- Scientists Successfully Edit Dengue Fever Mosquito Genes
- A Promising H7N9 Vaccine from the Fusion Protein of Hemagglutinin Globular Head and Bacterial Flagellin
From the BICs
- Seminar on Global Socio-Economic and Environmental Impacts in Indonesia
- Panel of Scientists to Answer Questions about GMO
- Country Biotech Facts and Trends
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (September 27, 2023)
- Gene Editing Supplement (September 27, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: