Key Considerations for Risk Assessment of Gene Drive TechnologiesJune 15, 2022
ISAAA Inc., the ISAAA network of Biotechnology Information Centers, and the Outreach Network for Gene Drive Research will hold the webinar Key Considerations for Risk Assessment of Gene Drive Technologies on June 16, 2022, at 2:00 PM (GMT+8) via Zoom. The registration is now open.
The discussions will answer the following questions:
- Do we need a new regulatory framework to ensure gene drives are safe?
- Capacity building: Are we ready to regulate gene drive organisms?
- Gene drive risk assessment in practice: What are researchers doing?
The online event is the second of three webinars and aims to orient the public in contextualizing the need for additional guidance materials on risk assessment within ongoing debates about gene drives. It will feature Dr. Heidi Mitchell of the Office of the Gene Technology Regulator in Australia, Dr. Vibha Ahuja of the Biotech Consortium Ltd. in India, and Dr. Hector Quemada of the Western Michigan University. Dr. Saturnina C. Halos of the Biotechnology Coalition of the Philippines will moderate the discussions.
Register for free to join the event. For inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You might also like:
- Harmonized Regulations Key to Optimizing the Potential and Benefits of Gene Drive Technology
- Experts Say Gene Drive Specifics Important to Policies, Assessment, Application
- Gene Drive Research Makes Exceptional Progress
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- FAO Council Endorses Strategies on Climate Change and on Science and Innovation
- Key Considerations for Risk Assessment of Gene Drive Technologies
- Kenyan Gov’t Gives Nod to Use of Bt Cottonseed Cake for Animal Feeds
- Plant Growth Study Sheds Light on Cancer Research
- Demand for Australia's GM Safflower on the Rise
- Workshop Highlights Role of Science Communication in Advocating Philippine Modern Biotechnology
- Australia's OGTR Invites Comments on Commercial Release of GM Indian Mustard
- Philippine Biosafety Systems, Organic Agriculture and Co-Existence
- EFSA Releases Risk Assessment of New Sequencing Information for GM Sugar Beet H7-1
- Scientists Expose How a Potato Pathogen Sharpens its Weapons
- International Team Discovers Signaling Molecule that Make Flood Resistant Plants
- Experts to Use CRISPR for Carbon Capture with Crops
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (June 7, 2023)
- Gene Editing Supplement (May 31, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: