Australia's OGTR Invites Comments on Commercial Release of GM Indian MustardJune 15, 2022
The Australian Office of the Gene Technology Regulator (OGTR) invites comments from the public to assess an application from BASF Australia Ltd. for the commercial cultivation of Indian mustard genetically modified (GM) for herbicide tolerance in all agricultural cropping areas of Australia.
The GM Indian mustard and its products would enter general commerce, including use in human food and animal feed. The Gene Regulator has prepared a Risk Assessment and Risk Management Plan (RARMP) for this application and welcomes written submissions on issues relating to the protection of human health and safety and the environment prior to making a decision on whether or not to issue the license. Submissions for DIR 190 should be received by August 3, 2022.
For more details on how to submit comments, visit the DIR 190 page on the OGTR website.
You might also like:
- Australia's OGTR Receives Application for Commercial Release of GM Indian Mustard
- Australia's OGTR Invites Comments on Field Trial of GM Canola and Indian Mustard
- Australian OGTR Issues License for Field Trial of GM Indian Mustard
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- FAO Council Endorses Strategies on Climate Change and on Science and Innovation
- Key Considerations for Risk Assessment of Gene Drive Technologies
- Kenyan Gov’t Gives Nod to Use of Bt Cottonseed Cake for Animal Feeds
- Plant Growth Study Sheds Light on Cancer Research
- Demand for Australia's GM Safflower on the Rise
- Workshop Highlights Role of Science Communication in Advocating Philippine Modern Biotechnology
- Australia's OGTR Invites Comments on Commercial Release of GM Indian Mustard
- Philippine Biosafety Systems, Organic Agriculture and Co-Existence
- EFSA Releases Risk Assessment of New Sequencing Information for GM Sugar Beet H7-1
- Scientists Expose How a Potato Pathogen Sharpens its Weapons
- International Team Discovers Signaling Molecule that Make Flood Resistant Plants
- Experts to Use CRISPR for Carbon Capture with Crops
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (September 27, 2023)
- Gene Editing Supplement (September 27, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: