Asian Regional Workshop on Current and Upcoming Items under the CBD and its ProtocolsSeptember 22, 2021
ISAAA and partners are organizing the 2nd Pre-COPMOP2021: Asian Regional Workshop on Current and Upcoming Items Under the CBD and its Protocols on September 28-29, 2021 via Zoom. Registration is now open to all interested participants.
The Pre-COPMOP sessions will cover the following:
- rundown of the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) and its protocol and Conference of the Parties serving as the meeting of the Parties to the Protocol (COPMOPs);
- key developments since the last ISAAA pre-COPMOP event and the latest plans for COP15MOP10; and
- new breeding technologies and genome editing.
The two-day virtual workshop aims to prepare participants for COP15MOP10, to be held online in October 2021 (part 1) and in-person in 2022. Registration is open to scientists, regulators, policymakers, industry players, and students. Topics of discussion are carefully chosen as they are the trending items and require serious attention from stakeholders. Resource persons include biologist and lawyer Piet ven der Meer from Ghent University, ISAAA Global Coordinator Mahaletchumy Arujanan, and ISAAA SEAsiaCenter Director Dr. Rhodora Romero-Aldemita. Registration to the workshop is free of charge.
Sign up now.
You might also like:
- ISAAA and Partners Hold Pre-COPMOP Discussions on Convention on Biological Diversity and Its Protocols
- ISAAA Releases Statements on Biotech at the UN Biodiversity Conference in Egypt
- Pocket K No. 44: Biotechnology for Biodiversity
The Crop Biotech Update is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. The CBU is distributed for free to over 23,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in agricultural biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Asian Regional Workshop on Current and Upcoming Items under the CBD and its Protocols
- Biotech Stakeholders Gather to Celebrate Africa Biotechnology Gains at ABBC2021
- Statements by Known Organizations Influence Consumer's Attitude about GMOs
- US Scientists Embark on Developing Edible Plant-based Vaccines
- Australian OGTR Approves Commercial Release of GM Canola
- Australian Researchers Discover Barley Powdery Mildew Resistance Genes
- John Innes Centre Research Group Identifies Microbial Molecule that Turns Plants into Zombies
- French Researchers and Experts Appeal to President Macron to Support Plant Biotechnologies
- Scientists Assess Impact of Beta-carotene-enriched Soybeans on Soil Microorganisms
Plant Breeding Innovations
- CRISPR-dMac3-Cas9 System Used to Investigate Potato Tuber Starch Trait
- Researchers Identify Abiotic Stress Tolerance Genes for Editing in Upland Rice
- Japan Starts Sale of Genome-Edited High-GABA Tomato
Read the latest:
- Crop Biotech Update (August 10, 2022)
- Genome Editing Supplement (August 10, 2022)
- Gene Drive Supplement (July 27, 2022)
Subscribe to CBU: