Multi-Institutional Effort Produces Comprehensive Guide for Communicating Plant ScienceApril 21, 2021
More than 30 scientists, including Gustavo MacIntosh, a professor at Iowa State University have put together a comprehensive guide to help plant scientists communicate their work to the world. The guide, "Broadening the impact of plant science through innovative, integrative, and inclusive outreach," a 28-page white paper is published in Plant Direct.
Plant science plays an increasingly important role in society, but MacInstosh said many people do not have an understanding of plants and their role in human lives. In more than two years, the team worked on the guide that will help humanize plant science.
The guide identifies challenges to communicating the importance of plant science to a wide audience and provides some strategies to help plant scientists get the word out. It also includes case studies and a number of strategies to communicate important plant science topics and ideas for classroom activities as well as tips for how to plan museum exhibits and booths at farmers markets and similar events.
You might also like:
- Effective Science Communication Goes Beyond Communicating Science, Arujanan Says
- Communication Challenges and Convergence in Crop Biotechnology
- Pocket K No. 33: Communicating Crop Biotechnology
The Crop Biotech Update is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. The CBU is distributed for free to over 23,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in agricultural biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
- Experts Release Guidance on How to Communicate about COVID-19 Vaccine Efficacy
News from Around the World
- Researchers Identify Factors Affecting Critical Thinking toward GM Foods
- Brazil Approves Oxitec's Friendly™ Technology Against Fall Armyworm
- Multi-Institutional Effort Produces Comprehensive Guide for Communicating Plant Science
- Indian Farmers Lose Opportunity to Benefit from Bt Brinjal as GEAC Halts Field Trials
- JIC Study Reveals Genes that Control Growth Habit in Plants
- EFSA Report Says 98% of Pesticide Residues in Food in the EU within Legal Limits
- Studies Show How Microbiome Affects Breeding of Apples and Oil Pumpkins
- Researchers Present Improved Direct PCR-based Technology for GE Plants Screening
- Success of Bt Brinjal in Bangladesh Opens Possibility for Two New Eggplant Varieties
Plant Breeding Innovations
- Scientists Develop Gene-Edited Mosquito to Help Eliminate Malaria
- Global Gene Editing Tools Market to Continue Excellent Growth
Read the latest:
- Crop Biotech Update (August 3, 2022)
- Genome Editing Supplement (August 10, 2022)
- Gene Drive Supplement (July 27, 2022)
Subscribe to CBU: