Biotech Experts to Discuss Impact of GM Crops in IndiaOctober 14, 2020
ISAAA invites everyone to the webinar on the Global Impact of GM Crops to be held on October 15, 2020 at 2 PM (GMT+5:30) via Zoom.
During this ISAAA webinar, agricultural economist Graham Brookes of PG Economics will share the highlights of his study on the economic and environmental benefits of GM crops from 1996 to 2018, particularly the following:
- agricultural environmental impact;
- return on investment for the farmers using the technology; and
- contribution to global food security.
Graham Brookes is an agricultural economist and consultant with more than 30 years' experience in examining economic issues relating to the agricultural and food sectors. He is a specialist in analyzing the impact of technology, policy changes, and regulatory impact.
ISAAA SEAsiaCenter Director, Dr. Rhodora Romero Aldemita, will present the global status of GM crop adoption in 2018. Dr. CD Mayee, South Asia Biotechnology Centre President, will tackle the impact of Bt cotton in India; while Dr. KC Bansal, Former Director of the National Bureau of Plant Genetic Resources and Professor at Indian Agricultural Research Insitute, will discuss the biotech crops for Indian agriculture. Mr. V. Ravichandran, an Indian farmer and Director of the Global Farmer Network, will share the farmers' experiences in adopting Bt cotton.
This webinar is hosted by ISAAA SEAsiaCenter. Mr. Ram Kaundinya, Director General of the Federation of Seed Industry of India will serve as the moderator of the webinar.
Register now for free to reserve a slot.
You might also like:
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- ISAAA Webinars Tackle Global Animal Biotech Regulations
- Biotech Experts to Discuss Impact of GM Crops in India
- Argentina First in the World to Approve Drought Tolerant HB4® Wheat
- Bt Cotton Adoption in India Impacts Yields, Profits, and Living Standards
- International Experts Discuss Animal Biotech with Philippine Stakeholders
- Plant-based Milk Bottles Launched in New Zealand
- EU Approves XtendFlex Soybeans for Food and Feed Use
- Experts Find Genes Linked to Nitrogen Metabolism
- Genome Editing of Wheat Alters Spike and Grain Characteristrics
- Emmanuelle Charpentier and Jennifer A. Doudna Awarded 2020 Nobel Prize in Chemistry
- NAS Releases Guidance on Reopening K-12 Schools During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Study Reveals Most Countries Fail to Protect Nature in COVID-19 Recovery Plans
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (November 29, 2023)
- Gene Editing Supplement (November 29, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: