NAS Releases Guidance on Reopening K-12 Schools During the COVID-19 PandemicOctober 14, 2020
Education is one of the most impacted systems by the COVID-19 pandemic. To slow down the spread of the virus, schools were closed, and educators were pressed with time to ensure continuous instruction. States, districts, and schools are deliberating several questions of whether to reopen school buildings and how to run them safely in case they reopen. These decisions must be based on the latest evidence on COVID-19 especially about the impacts of school closures on students and families, and about the complexities of operating school buildings as the pandemic persists.
To provide guidance on this issue, the US National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine released a publication titled Reopening K-12 Schools During the COVID-19 Pandemic: Prioritizing Health, Equity, and Communities. The recommendations stated are designed to help districts and schools successfully navigate the complex decisions around reopening school buildings, keeping them open, and operating them safely.
Download a copy from the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine.
You might also like:
- COVID-19 Resource
- Pocket K No. 58: COVID-19 Treatment Efforts Using Plant Technologies
- Washington University Saliva Test for COVID-19 Faster and Easier
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- ISAAA Webinars Tackle Global Animal Biotech Regulations
- Biotech Experts to Discuss Impact of GM Crops in India
- Argentina First in the World to Approve Drought Tolerant HB4® Wheat
- Bt Cotton Adoption in India Impacts Yields, Profits, and Living Standards
- International Experts Discuss Animal Biotech with Philippine Stakeholders
- Plant-based Milk Bottles Launched in New Zealand
- EU Approves XtendFlex Soybeans for Food and Feed Use
- Experts Find Genes Linked to Nitrogen Metabolism
- Genome Editing of Wheat Alters Spike and Grain Characteristrics
- Emmanuelle Charpentier and Jennifer A. Doudna Awarded 2020 Nobel Prize in Chemistry
- NAS Releases Guidance on Reopening K-12 Schools During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Study Reveals Most Countries Fail to Protect Nature in COVID-19 Recovery Plans
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (May 31, 2023)
- Gene Editing Supplement (May 31, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: