Search for the Brown Planthopper Resistance Gene in Vietnamese Native Rice VarietiesOctober 10, 2019
Based on the sequence data of 48 native rice varieties conducted by Agricultural Genetics Institute and partners, the researchers have screened and designed Bph26del24 marker to determine Bph26 candidate gene. The Bph26 gene is dominant, was cloned and mapped from indica variety, ADR52 which located on chromosomes 12. Bph26 gene encodes a CC-NB-LRR protein that mediates antibiosis to brown planthopper.The research team identified sixteen native rice varieties that have been carried homozygote candidate gene Bph26.
The results provide a significant genetic sources and molecular marker for breeding programs by using marker assisted selection.
For more information, read the article in Vietnamese at Agriculture and Rural Development Magazine.
You might also like:
- Pocket K No. 19: Molecular Breeding and Marker-Assisted Selection
- Updates on GM Corn Production in Vietnam
- Researchers Test CRISPR-Cas9 Gene Editing on Brown Planthopper
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Engaging Editors Crucial for Improved Science Reporting in Kenya
- Genome Sequences Hint at Domestication of Pineapple
- Argentina Approves 60th GM Seed
- Pakistan Media, Other Stakeholders Briefed on Crop Technologies
- PH Biotech Community Zooms In on Regulation of Genome Edited Plants in the Country
- Researchers Crack Complete Genome of Soybean Rust Pathogen
- Search for the Brown Planthopper Resistance Gene in Vietnamese Native Rice Varieties
- Scientists Engineer Plants to Make Infant-friendly Fat Molecules for Formula Milk
- Semi-dwarf Rice Developed by CRISPR-Cas9-directed Mutagenesis of OsGA20ox2
- CRISPR-Cas9 Reveals Role of OsPLDα1 in Phytic Acid Biosynthesis in Rice Grains
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (March 29, 2023)
- Genome Editing Supplement (March 22, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: