Scientists Isolate and Characterize C-Repeat Binding Factor-Coding Gene from MaizeOctober 2, 2019
Researchers from the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology have isolated the CBF3-coding gene from a cold-acclimation maize variety (Zea mays var. Tevang-1) and named it as ZmCBF3tv. The isolated gene shared 96.49% homology with the B73-reference gene and had no intron in the coding sequence.
A number of variations in the nucleotide and amino acid sequences were identified by applying bioinformatics. An alignment between ZmCBF3tv and other CBF/DREB1 proteins from various species revealed functional regions and typical features. In addition, a phylogenetic analysis based on the AP2 domain revealed that the maize CBF3 transcription factor had the highest similarity with that from rice and closely related to other DREB1/CBF protein of monocots.
These findings lead the researchers to suggest that the function of the ZmCBF3tv product is a CBF/DREB1 transcription factor.
For more information, read the full article at Academia Journal of Biology.
You might also like:
- Researchers Use Virus in Wheat and Maize Genome Editing
- Maize Promoter Induces Cellulase Enzyme Expression in Maize Kernels
- Maize (Zea mays L.) GM Events - GM Approval Database
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- GM Crops Benefit Farmers' Mental Health, Consumers' Overall Health
- Balanced Reporting Promotes Agri-biotech Acceptance in Kenya
- Chilean Scientist Develops Transgenic Corn that Survives 52 Days Without Water
- Brazil Seeks Active Cooperation with Gulf States on GM Food R&D
- Researchers Discover How Protein Connecting Calcium and Hormone Regulates Plant Growth
- Three Wheat Genes Linked to Yield Gains
- SEARCA-BIC Spearheads Regional Public Briefing and Social Media Training on Agri-biotech
- Scientists Isolate and Characterize C-Repeat Binding Factor-Coding Gene from Maize
Beyond Crop Biotech
- Almond and Peach Genomes Explain Differences of Fruits and Seeds of these Closely Related Species
- Simultaneous and Precise Generation of Zebra3 and Wsl5 Mutations in Rice using CRISPR-Cas9
- Disruption of a Small Non-coding RNA Leads to Better Rice Yield
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (September 27, 2023)
- Gene Editing Supplement (September 27, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: