GMO Fun Facts: What is GMO in Full?March 20, 2019
GMO becomes a hot topic whenever it is mentioned in Kenya. This is due to fears propagated by opponents of the technology but do people even know what the initials GMO stand for? We asked this question to delegates during the National Devolution Conference 2019, the response was unbelievable. It is important to note that 2019 National Devolution Conference was not open to the general public but only open to self-sponsored delegates and selected National and County Governments officials.
Watch the compiled interviews by ISAAA AfriCenter on Youtube.
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Production of Transgenic Plants Increased as Expected, Study Shows
- Genome Editing Offers Great Prospects for South Africa
- Strong Sales Figures Indicate Demand for GM Non-browning Apple
- Australian OGTR Invites Comments on GM Chickpea Field Trial
- USDA FAS-GAIN Evaluates China's 2018 Ag-biotech Industry
- Global Team of Experts Reinventing Sugarcane for More Applications
- Scientists Release Most Complete Genome Assemblies of Cotton
- Experts in Japan Conclude Gene-Edited Foods are Safe
- Biologists Explain Genetic Origins of Saffron Crocus
- Nicotiana benthamiana as Suitable System for Expression of Cotton Boll Weevil α-amylase Inhibitor
- Soybean Cotyledon Used as Platform for Production of Therapeutic Proteins
Beyond Crop Biotech
- Modern Beer Yeast Emerged from Mix of European Grape Wine, Asian Rice Wine Yeast
- GMO Fun Facts: What is GMO in Full?
- UC Berkeley Physicist Reports a New High Precision Method for Genetic Engineering and Gene Editing
- Scientists Discover One-Step Genome Editing Technique that Accelerates Seed Breeding
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (November 29, 2023)
- Gene Editing Supplement (November 29, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: