SCI+POP, A New Social Media Project in CanadaAugust 8, 2018
Among the strategies that they deem effective in communicating science were works that invite critical thinking, narratives that resonate with the audience, and the usage of artistic images. They focused on the use of artistic images to address misinformation and conspiracy theories involving controversial science topics.
The following are their bases for the usage of visual images:
- Humans are naturally visual.
- Art invites reflection.
- Art is a powerful form of commentary.
For more information, read the article in The Conversation.
The Crop Biotech Update is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a non-for-profit organization. The CBU is distributed for free to over 23,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in agricultural biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- The Need for GM Wheat
- New Multiple Gene Stacking Technique Could Develop Crops with Higher Yields and Better Traits
- Regulatory and Policy Officials of APEC Economies Briefed on Biotechnology and Plant Breeding Innovations
- Key Gene for Sugarcane Growth Has Been Identified
- Researches Report Protein that Controls Flowering thru Combined on and off Switches
- U.S. Dept of Interior Ends Ban on GE Crops and Neonicotinoid Pesticides in Refuge
- New Genome of Chinese Soybean Now Available
- Scientists Narrate Past, Present, and Future of the Bt Eggplant Project in Bangladesh
- European Commission Authorizes Five GM Crops
- Poland Releases Draft GE Labeling Legislation
- Rice OsRACK1A Gene Negatively Regulates Salt Tolerance
- TaWRKY2-Overexpression Enhances Drought Tolerance in Wheat
Plant Breeding Innovations
- Researchers Edit Yield-Increasing Genes in Rice
- Regulator of Symbiotic Nodulation in Lotus Found
- Study Reveals the Role of Malate Transporters in Rice Grain Yield
- CRISPR Gene-Editing Technology, Better with Cas12a
Beyond Crop Biotech
- SCI+POP, A New Social Media Project in Canada
- Study Shows Poplar Trees Can Be Genetically Engineered Not to Spread
Subscribe to CBU: