Biotech Crop and Traits Annual UpdatesDecember 13, 2017
ISAAA releases the updated series Biotech Crop Annual Updates and Biotech Traits Annual Updates. The Biotech Crop Annual Updates includes five short documents on biotech crops, namely: soybean, maize, cotton, canola, and alfalfa. Information in the series includes data on adoption, adopting countries, and the benefits of each biotech crop, based on ISAAA Brief 52: Global Status of Commercialized Biotech/GM Crops in 2016.
The Biotech Traits Annual Updates is a summary of traits deployed in biotech crops. The publication also includes a short discussion about the benefits of biotech crops with such traits, based from ISAAA Brief 52.
The documents are available for download from the ISAAA website.
The Crop Biotech Update is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. The CBU is distributed for free to over 23,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in agricultural biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- FAO Calls for Urgent Actions to Reverse the Rise in Hunger
- Global Impact of Not Planting Herbicide Tolerant Crops Due to Glyphosate Ban
- Study Identifies Genetic Basis of Western Corn Rootworm Resistance
- New Technique to Help Plant Breeders Develop Drought Resistant Varieties Faster
- Australian OGTR Invites Comments for Field Trial of GM Perennial Ryegrass
- Max Planck Researchers Engineer Key Enzyme in Photosynthesis
- DND1-Silencing in Potato and Tomato Confers Resistance to Botrytis cinerea
- ThPP1 Gene Enhances Alkali Stress Tolerance in Transgenic Rice
- Arabidopsis' AtGOLS1 Gene Negatively Regulates Seed Germination
Plant Breeding Innovations
- Indian Researchers Test CRISPR-Cas9 Genome Editing in Banana
- Lignin Reduction Observed in CRISPR-Edited Switchgrass
Beyond Crop Biotech
- Salk Scientists Use Modified CRISPR System to Treat Diseases
- Sugarcane in Africa
- Biotech Crop and Traits Annual Updates
- ISAAA Blog: Clive James and ISAAA, Top Sources of Info on Biotech in the Philippines
Read the latest:
- Crop Biotech Update (August 17, 2022)
- Genome Editing Supplement (August 10, 2022)
- Gene Drive Supplement (July 27, 2022)
Subscribe to CBU: