ISAAA Blog: Clive James and ISAAA, Top Sources of Info on Biotech in the PhilippinesDecember 13, 2017
News writers often solicit supporting information about their stories from various sources through interviews or readily-available references. The "voices" behind the stories usually have an impact on how stories are told.
The study Seventeen Years of Media Reportage of Modern Biotechnology in the Philippines, published in the April 2017 issue of the Philippine Journal of Crop Science, reported that Dr. Clive James, the Founder and Emeritus Chair of ISAAA, is the top source of information on biotechnology by news writers. The study analyzed articles reporting on modern agri-biotechnology that were released in major Philippine newspapers including Manila Bulletin, Philippine Star, Philippine Daily Inquirer and Business Mirror (for 2010-2016 only).
Read the complete post from the ISAAA Blog.
The Crop Biotech Update is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. The CBU is distributed for free to over 23,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in agricultural biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- FAO Calls for Urgent Actions to Reverse the Rise in Hunger
- Global Impact of Not Planting Herbicide Tolerant Crops Due to Glyphosate Ban
- Study Identifies Genetic Basis of Western Corn Rootworm Resistance
- New Technique to Help Plant Breeders Develop Drought Resistant Varieties Faster
- Australian OGTR Invites Comments for Field Trial of GM Perennial Ryegrass
- Max Planck Researchers Engineer Key Enzyme in Photosynthesis
- DND1-Silencing in Potato and Tomato Confers Resistance to Botrytis cinerea
- ThPP1 Gene Enhances Alkali Stress Tolerance in Transgenic Rice
- Arabidopsis' AtGOLS1 Gene Negatively Regulates Seed Germination
Plant Breeding Innovations
- Indian Researchers Test CRISPR-Cas9 Genome Editing in Banana
- Lignin Reduction Observed in CRISPR-Edited Switchgrass
Beyond Crop Biotech
- Salk Scientists Use Modified CRISPR System to Treat Diseases
- Sugarcane in Africa
- Biotech Crop and Traits Annual Updates
- ISAAA Blog: Clive James and ISAAA, Top Sources of Info on Biotech in the Philippines
Read the latest:
- Crop Biotech Update (January 25, 2023)
- Genome Editing Supplement (January 18, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (January 25, 2023)
Subscribe to CBU: