Biotech Country Facts and TrendsDecember 6, 2017
ISAAA releases the third and last set of the updated series Biotech Country Facts and Trends. The set features four developing biotech countries: Myanmar, Sudan, Mexico, and Colombia. Biotech Country Facts and Trends are concise summaries highlighting the commercialization of biotech crops in specific countries.
Data on biotech crop commercialization (area and adoption), approvals and planting, benefits and future prospects for each country are presented in a brief and easily understandable manner. The contents are based on ISAAA Brief 52, Global Status of Commercialized Biotech/GM Crops: 2016.
The Biotech Country Facts and Trends are available for download from the ISAAA website.
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- FAO: Urgent Action Needed to Combat Fast-spreading Pests and Diseases that Harm Food Security
- Plant and Animal Innovation Experts Discuss Practical Strategies to Advance Plant Breeding
- African Agri Researchers Trained on Science Communication
- Research Team from US, China, and France Releases Genome Sequence of Bottle Gourd
- Plant Biologist Wins the 2018 Breakthrough Prize in Life Sciences
- Genes from Drought Resistant Plants Could Help Create Water Efficient Crops
- Researchers Discover Gene for Flowering also Directs Root Growth in Wheat and Barley
- Study Shows that Golden Rice Could Benefit Bangladesh
- USDA FAS Releases Annual Agbiotech Report for Japan
- Glyphosate Gets 5-Year Renewal in the European Union
- European Science Academies Call for Urgent Action on Food and Nutrition Security
- Arabidopsis Elongator Genes Enhance Disease Resistance in Strawberry
- miR172c and NNC1 Regulate Root Plastic Development in Response to Salt Stress in Soybean
- Biotech Country Facts and Trends
- CRISPR-Cas9 and TALENs Used to Generate Mutants for Studying Small RNA in Legumes
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (March 22, 2023)
- Genome Editing Supplement (March 22, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: