Science In Real Life: GMOs with the Van Eck LabAugust 9, 2017
GMOs are featured in the latest episode of Science In Real Life (IRL) hosted by Molly Edwards, a PhD student at Harvard University studying floral evolution and development.
Molly visited a laboratory at Boyce Thompson Institute and showed how GMOs are developed in the lab. She interviewed Dr. Joyce Van Eck, Director of the Center for Plant Biotechnology Research, about the process of developing GMOs and their safety. Molly also performed genetic modification using Agrobacterium, which was captured in video to demystify the technology and its products.
Science IRL is an educational Youtube series that tackles science concepts while performing actual experiments. It is supported by the American Society of Plant Biologists.
Watch the episode on GMOs on Youtube.
The Crop Biotech Update is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a non-for-profit organization. The CBU is distributed for free to over 23,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in agricultural biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Kenya Approves Field Trials of Biotech Corn and Cotton
- Innate® 2nd Gen Potato Receives Government Clearance in Canada
- Genomic Study Shows Maize Adapted to Highlands 4,000 Years Ago
- PH Bureau of Plant Industry Invites Public Comments on Golden Rice
- Turkey Approves Four More Biotech Traits
- EFSA Releases Risk Assessment of New Sequencing Information on GM Soybean Events
- GM Plants Promise Fish Oils Aplenty
- Transcription Factor JUNGBRUNNEN1 Enhances Drought Tolerance in Tomato
- Overexpression of OsNRT2.3b Improves Phosphorus Uptake and Translocation in Rice
Plant Breeding Innovations
- Evaluation of HvPAPhy_a Gene in Barley Using CRISPR-Cas9 and TALENs
- CRISPR-Cas9-mediated Engineering of the γ-Aminobutyric Acid Pathway in Tomato
Beyond Crop Biotech
- Canadian Consumers First to Taste Commercialized GE Salmon
From the BICs
- SINO-Pak Hybrid Rice Research Center Inaugurated at ICCBS
- Science In Real Life: GMOs with the Van Eck Lab
- ISAAA Releases New Pocket K on CRISPR-Cas9
Subscribe to CBU: