ISAAA Releases New Pocket K on CRISPR-Cas9August 9, 2017
The CRISPR-Cas9 system is a plant breeding innovation that uses site-directed nucleases to target and modify DNA with great accuracy. Developed in 2012 by scientists from the University of California, Berkeley, CRISPR-Cas9 has received a lot of attention in recent years due to its range of applications, including biological research, breeding and development of agricultural crops and animals, and human health applications. Know more about the CRISPR-Cas9 system in the latest Pocket K released by ISAAA. Get a copy for free from the ISAAA website.
Pocket Ks are Pockets of Knowledge, packaged information about crop biotechnology products and related issues. It is developed by the Global Knowledge Center on Crop Biotechnology to deliver key agri-biotech information in easy-to-understand style and downloadable as PDF for easy sharing and distribution.
Download the other Pocket Ks from the ISAAA website.
The Crop Biotech Update is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. The CBU is distributed for free to over 23,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in agricultural biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Kenya Approves Field Trials of Biotech Corn and Cotton
- Innate® 2nd Gen Potato Receives Government Clearance in Canada
- Genomic Study Shows Maize Adapted to Highlands 4,000 Years Ago
- PH Bureau of Plant Industry Invites Public Comments on Golden Rice
- Turkey Approves Four More Biotech Traits
- EFSA Releases Risk Assessment of New Sequencing Information on GM Soybean Events
- GM Plants Promise Fish Oils Aplenty
- Transcription Factor JUNGBRUNNEN1 Enhances Drought Tolerance in Tomato
- Overexpression of OsNRT2.3b Improves Phosphorus Uptake and Translocation in Rice
Plant Breeding Innovations
- Evaluation of HvPAPhy_a Gene in Barley Using CRISPR-Cas9 and TALENs
- CRISPR-Cas9-mediated Engineering of the γ-Aminobutyric Acid Pathway in Tomato
Beyond Crop Biotech
- Canadian Consumers First to Taste Commercialized GE Salmon
From the BICs
- SINO-Pak Hybrid Rice Research Center Inaugurated at ICCBS
- Science In Real Life: GMOs with the Van Eck Lab
- ISAAA Releases New Pocket K on CRISPR-Cas9
Read the latest:
- Crop Biotech Update (August 10, 2022)
- Genome Editing Supplement (August 10, 2022)
- Gene Drive Supplement (July 27, 2022)
Subscribe to CBU: