New ISAAA Board Game: #BiotechisCoolFebruary 22, 2017
ISAAA releases its first printable board game on biotechnology! The new material is called #BiotechisCool, which highlights the fun facts on crop biotechnology such as the wonder bacterium and gene gun used for modifying crops and what farmers say about planting biotech crops. The material comes with a board game which allows the players to understand the twists and turns of developing a biotech crop from the lab, then to the test fields, and finally to the farmers' fields. The new material has been pretested with students from high school and college, as well as with professionals.
Download a copy now from the ISAAA website and play it with your friends. Don't forget to share the experience on our Facebook page or tag us on Twitter (@isaaa_org) and use the hashtag: #BiotechisCool.
The Crop Biotech Update is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. The CBU is distributed for free to over 23,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in agricultural biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Climate-smart Rice Helps Farmers Face Climate Change
- Public learns about GMOs at ‘Harvest Money' Expo in Uganda
- Australian OGTR Approves Field Trial of GM Potato
- Downregulation of BnDA1 Improves Seed Weight and Organ Size in Oilseed Rape
- Overexpression of Wheat Gene TaOEP16-2-5B Enhances Heat and Drought Tolerance in Arabidopsis
Plant Breeding Innovations
- Development of Targeted Mutant Rice using the CRISPR-Cpf1 System
- USPTO Releases Verdict on CRISPR Patent
- Fat Content in Soybean Oil Modified with CRISPR-Cpf1
Beyond Crop Biotech
- Penicillin Production in Penicillium chrysogenum is not Dependent on the Number of Synthesis Genes
From the BICs
- Helsinki and Cairo Universities Collaborate to Advance Science
- The GMO MOOC is Back!
- MSU Training Program on IPR and Technology Commercialization
- IPBO-VIB-UGent Course "Modern Breeding Techniques of Maize"
- New ISAAA Board Game: #BiotechisCool
- New Communication Materials from Cornell Alliance for Science
Read the latest:
- Crop Biotech Update (August 10, 2022)
- Genome Editing Supplement (August 10, 2022)
- Gene Drive Supplement (July 27, 2022)
Subscribe to CBU: