Biotech Country Facts and TrendsAugust 24, 2016
ISAAA releases the second batch in the revised series Biotech Country Facts and Trends. This set features the five developing biotech countries of Pakistan, South Africa, Uruguay, Boliva and Philippines. Biotech Country Facts and Trends are concise summaries highlighting the commercialization of biotech crops in specific countries.
Data on biotech crop commercialization (hectarage and adoption), approvals and planting, benefits and future prospects for each country are presented in a brief and easily understandable manner. The contents are based on ISAAA Brief 51, 20th Anniversary (1996 to 2015) of the Global Commercialization of Biotech Crops and Biotech Crop Highlights in 2015, authored by Clive James, Founder and Emeritus Chair of ISAAA.
The Biotech Country Facts and Trends are available for download at the ISAAA website.
The Crop Biotech Update is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a non-for-profit organization. The CBU is distributed for free to over 23,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in agricultural biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Africa's Biosafety Agencies Seek to Harmonize Approaches to Regulatory Systems
- African Countries Strive to Meet Int'l Biosafety Obligations
- Photosynthesis Discovery in Wheat to Yield Faster Growing Crops
- Australia's OGTR Receives Application for Field Trials of Biotech Cotton
- Murdoch University Researchers Increase Wheat Protein to More than 14%
- European Seed Association Asks EU to Recognize Role of Plant Breeding in Addressing Societal Challenges
- EFSA Publishes Public Opinion for Market Release of Pioneer GM Soybean
- CIP Develops Marker-free PLRV Resistant Potato
- Researchers Map QTL for Dwarf Architecture in Oilseed Rape
Plant Breeding Innovations
- Swiss Academies: Strict Regulations Not Necessary for NBTs
- Broad Virus Resistance in Cucumber Developed using CRISPR
Beyond Crop Biotech
- Identification of Candidate Genes for Calanolide Synthesis in Santa Maria Tree
- MOOC: Science and Politics of the GMO
- IUMS Congresses 2017
- Biotech Country Facts and Trends
Subscribe to CBU: