Biotech Country Facts and TrendsAugust 17, 2016
ISAAA releases the revised series Biotech Country Facts and Trends. The first set in the series features the top five developing biotech countries of Brazil, Argentina, India, China, and Paraguay. Biotech Country Facts and Trends are concise summaries highlighting the commercialization of biotech crops in specific countries.
Data on biotech crop commercialization (hectarage and adoption), approvals and planting, benefits and future prospects for each country are presented in a brief and easily understandable manner. The contents are based on ISAAA Brief 51, 20th Anniversary (1996 to 2015) of the Global Commercialization of Biotech Crops and Biotech Crop Highlights in 2015, authored by Clive James, Founder and Emeritus Chair of ISAAA.
The Biotech Country Facts and Trends are available for download at http://www.isaaa.org/resources/publications/biotech_country_facts_and_trends/
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Banana Fungus DNA Unravelled; Findings to Lead to Hardier Bananas
- Egyptian Students Organize Biotech Seminars for Sharing Knowledge
- Arctic® Fuji Apple Close to U.S. Regulatory Approval
- Capacity Building Sessions with Biosafety Regulators Held in Pakistan
- New Zealand EPA Declares Glyphosate as Noncarcinogenic
- Scientists Decode Major Pathogen of Barley
- Researchers Engineer White Maize for Astaxanthin Production
- Isoamylase 1 Affects Starch Production and Amylopectin Structure in Durum Wheat Endosperm
Beyond Crop Biotech
- BplMYB46 Gene Affects Abiotic Stress Tolerance and Secondary Cell Wall Synthesis in Birch
- Researchers Sequence Tobacco Hornworm Genome
From the BICs
- Jordan Hosts Workshop on Plant Biotechnology and Biodiversity
- Biotech Country Facts and Trends
- TEDxUPM Talk on "GMOs: Seeds of Destruction?"
- World Seed Treatment Market Report
- Scientists Use Recombineering to Initiate Site-Directed Mutagenesis
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (November 29, 2023)
- Gene Editing Supplement (November 29, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: