World Seed Treatment Market ReportAugust 17, 2016
The world seed treatment market is expected to generate a revenue of about US$7.8 billion by 2021, increasing at a prominent compound annual growth rate of 8.3 percent from 2015 to 2021. This projection is according to the latest release of Acute Market Reports on World Seed Treatment Market - Opportunities and Forecasts, 2014 – 2021.
Through the years, seed treatment has emerged as a cost-effective crop protection solution as compared to traditional spraying because it is more efficient and less labor intensive. Seed treatment involves coating of the seeds with treating agent, thus, low amount of active ingredients is needed for protection against diseases and pests. Increasing prices of GM seeds have led to the emergence of crop protection to reduce the risk on investment.
For more details, visit the Acute Market Reports website.
The Crop Biotech Update is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a non-for-profit organization. The CBU is distributed for free to over 23,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in agricultural biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Banana Fungus DNA Unravelled; Findings to Lead to Hardier Bananas
- Egyptian Students Organize Biotech Seminars for Sharing Knowledge
- Arctic® Fuji Apple Close to U.S. Regulatory Approval
- Capacity Building Sessions with Biosafety Regulators Held in Pakistan
- New Zealand EPA Declares Glyphosate as Noncarcinogenic
- Scientists Decode Major Pathogen of Barley
- Researchers Engineer White Maize for Astaxanthin Production
- Isoamylase 1 Affects Starch Production and Amylopectin Structure in Durum Wheat Endosperm
Plant Breeding Innovations
- Scientists Use Recombineering to Initiate Site-Directed Mutagenesis
Beyond Crop Biotech
- BplMYB46 Gene Affects Abiotic Stress Tolerance and Secondary Cell Wall Synthesis in Birch
- Researchers Sequence Tobacco Hornworm Genome
From the BICs
- Jordan Hosts Workshop on Plant Biotechnology and Biodiversity
- Biotech Country Facts and Trends
- TEDxUPM Talk on "GMOs: Seeds of Destruction?"
- World Seed Treatment Market Report
Subscribe to CBU: