Egyptian Students Organize Biotech Seminars for Sharing KnowledgeAugust 17, 2016
Biotechnology students from different Egyptian universities started a group last year called BioTeam to share knowledge about biotechnology through a series of talks called Egyptian Biotechnology Era Seminars (EBES). On July 30, 2016, they organized an event at Cairo University's Faculty of Medicine, attended by more than 200 students. Three presentations were given during the event: Innovative Ideas not yet Invented presented by Dr. Tahsin Shoala, Misr University for Science and Technology (MUST); Biotechnology Applications in Stem Cells by Prof. Nagwa El-Badri, Founding Chair Biomedical Sciences Program Director, Zewail City of Science and Technology; and Introduction to Bioinformatics: Understanding Secrets of Life by Dr. Sameh El-Sayed Ibrahim, Researcher at AGERI and Assist. Prof. at Faculty of Biotechnology, Misr University for Science and Technology (MUST).
Other topics about biotechnology were covered in discussions led by Prof. Abdel Rahman Zekri, Head of Virology and Immunology Unit Cancer Biology, Department of National Cancer Institute, Cairo University, and Prof. Naglaa Abdallah, Coordinator for BSc Biotechnology Program at Faculty of Agriculture, Cairo University and Director of Egypt Biotechnology Information Center (EBIC).
For more information, visit the BioTeam FB page or contact Prof. Naglaa Abdallah at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Banana Fungus DNA Unravelled; Findings to Lead to Hardier Bananas
- Egyptian Students Organize Biotech Seminars for Sharing Knowledge
- Arctic® Fuji Apple Close to U.S. Regulatory Approval
- Capacity Building Sessions with Biosafety Regulators Held in Pakistan
- New Zealand EPA Declares Glyphosate as Noncarcinogenic
- Scientists Decode Major Pathogen of Barley
- Researchers Engineer White Maize for Astaxanthin Production
- Isoamylase 1 Affects Starch Production and Amylopectin Structure in Durum Wheat Endosperm
Beyond Crop Biotech
- BplMYB46 Gene Affects Abiotic Stress Tolerance and Secondary Cell Wall Synthesis in Birch
- Researchers Sequence Tobacco Hornworm Genome
From the BICs
- Jordan Hosts Workshop on Plant Biotechnology and Biodiversity
- Biotech Country Facts and Trends
- TEDxUPM Talk on "GMOs: Seeds of Destruction?"
- World Seed Treatment Market Report
- Scientists Use Recombineering to Initiate Site-Directed Mutagenesis
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (May 31, 2023)
- Gene Editing Supplement (May 31, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: