New Agri-genomics Tools from Rothamsted ResearchMarch 9, 2016
Genestack, developer of next generation enterprise platform for genomics research and development, together with Rothamsted Research, will make new tools for agri-genomics available on its platform. The tools, which are being developed at Rothamsted Research, will help scientists apply high-throughput bioinformatics technologies to accelerate crop breeding and crop improvement research.
The first version of these agri-genomics tools, to be released in two months' time, will allow access to the latest techniques for multi-omics data integration, literature mining and gene network visualization. Researchers using these new techniques can more effectively mine public domain data to link traits to gene function and ultimately understand complex crop traits and improve their yields, nutritional quality, as well as tolerance against diseases or drought.
More details are available at the Rothamsted Research News & Views.
The Crop Biotech Update is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. The CBU is distributed for free to over 23,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in agricultural biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Malawi Approves Confined Field Trials of Transgenic Bananas
- Researchers Show How Plants Protect Photosynthesis from Oxygen
- Scientists Develop GM Anthocyanin-Expressing Citrus
- Robert Saik: Anti-Science Movement One of the Biggest Threats to Modern Farming and World Food Security
- Philippine Government Approves Revised GM Regulations
- Philippine Academician Highlights Positive Consequences of the SC Ruling
- Food Shortage, Reduced Crop Productivity, More Deaths in 2050 Due to Climate Change
- New Agri-genomics Tools from Rothamsted Research
- Exogenous Amino Acids Induce Systemic Blast resistance in Rice
- Terminal Flower 1 Gene is a Breeding Target for a Novel Everbearing Trait in Octoploid Strawberry
- Effects of Drought and Salt-Stresses on Gene Expression in Caragana
Beyond Crop Biotech
- Scientist Find Giant Reed Uses Photosynthesis Common to Soybean, Rice and Peanuts
- Effect of BBX-B8 Overexpression on Development, Silk Protein Synthesis and Egg Diapause of Silkworms
- 5th International Conference and Exhibition on Metabolomics
- 3rd Plant Genomics Congress: Asia
Read the latest:
- Crop Biotech Update (August 3, 2022)
- Genome Editing Supplement (July 20, 2022)
- Gene Drive Supplement (July 27, 2022)
Subscribe to CBU: