Issue Management Workshop on Biotech Concludes in IndonesiaSeptember 24, 2014
Twenty-eight agriculture and biotechnology experts, representatives of prominent organizations from different fields, university professors, government officials, farmers, industry leaders and managers have concluded a biotechnology workshop on issue management in Bogor, Indonesia on September 15-16, 2014.
The workshop aimed to learn the latest risk communication strategies and techniques that will support efforts to promote the objective benefits of agro-biotechnology in Indonesia to a diverse audience; and to provide an interactive platform that will enable participants to share ideas and experiences as to how to adopt and deploy the latest risk communications techniques in an Indonesian context. Jay Byrne of V-Fluence Interactive led the sessions of the two-day workshop and Jill Kuehnert of Seed Stories facilitated the workshop sessions and presented the Golden Rice lessons and case study. The workshop is a joint initiative of Indonesia Biotechnology Information Centre, SEAMEO BIOTROP, Indonesia Society for Agricultural Biotechnology (PBPI), ISAAA and CropLife Asia.
For details of the workshop, contact Dewi Suryani of IndoBIC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- GE Tobacco Developed for More Efficient Photosynthesis
- Regional Training on Utilization of Molecular Markers in Egypt
- Insect Resistant Signal by Mown Grass' Aroma
- Scientists Named to Agricultural Research Service Science Hall of Fame
- USDA Allows Commercial Planting of Dow AgroSciences' Enlist™ Corn, Soybean Traits
- Genetic Screening Technique for Improving Korean Wheat
- Philippine NAST talks Biotech with Local Policymakers and Stakeholders in Mindanao
- Philippines Leading in Regional Agri-biotech Research–USDA
- Scientists Value Scicom But Spend Little Time Communicating Biotech to the Public
- Japanese Scientists Complete Genome Sequence of Eggplant
- MsSN1 Gene from Alfalfa Grants Antimicrobial Activity without Affecting Nitrogen-Fixing Bacteria
- Genome-Wide Analysis of Heat Shock Transcription Factors in Wheat Ancestors
From the BICs
- Issue Management Workshop on Biotech Concludes in Indonesia
- 2nd Plant Genomics Congress: Asia
- Global Rice Market & Trade Summit
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (December 7, 2023)
- Gene Editing Supplement (November 29, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: