Biotech Corn Farmer Story in ISAAA BlogJune 11, 2014
An original story about biotech corn farmer Ryan Lising from Pampanga, Philippines is now available in the ISAAA Blog. In the article, Ryan tells the story of how planting biotech corn transformed his life from being an errand boy to a farmer-businessman who now owns 20 hectares of farmland. He shared how planting biotech corn made life easier for him and his family, making him an important person in their community.
The story "How Biotech Corn Transformed a Farmer's Life and Made Him the Community's VIP" is available at http://isaaablog.blogspot.com/2014/06/how-biotech-corn-transformed-farmers.html.
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- International Organizations Reconfirm Support for Biotech Wheat Commercialization
- Scientists Analyze Citrus Genomes to Produce Resistant Varieties
- Kenyan Governors Call for Lifting of GMO Ban
- Phaseolus Genome Gives Insights into Nitrogen Fixation
- Scientists Show How Bacterial Protein in Aphid Saliva Triggers Plant Defense
- New Website for Fruit Genome Databases
- CCAFS-SEA and Partners Discuss Effective Communication on Climate Change
- A Comparative Study of GMO Labeling in the South Korea, US, and EU
- Australian GM Farmer Wins Landmark Case
- Scientists Uncover Root Mechanism to Boost Crop Performance
- Effect of Excessive UV-B Light on Soybean Plants
- OsMYB103L Regulates Cellulose Synthase Genes and Improves Leaf Shape and Strength in Rice
- Potassium Transport Gene in Soybean Enhances Its Resistance to Soybean Mosaic Virus
- Impact of Virus Resistant GM Wheat on Microbial Community Diversity
Beyond Crop Biotech
- Human Genome Project Gets Protein Equivalent
- Sheep Genome Decoded
- Functional Human Growth Factors Produced from an Insect-Baculovirus System
- International Conference on Asian Food Security
- ISAAA Infomercial: What Do People Say About Biotech?
- Biotech Corn Farmer Story in ISAAA Blog
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (February 21, 2024)
- Gene Editing Supplement (February 14, 2024)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: