International Conference on Asian Food SecurityJune 11, 2014
The International Conference on Asian Food Security (ICAFS 2014) will be held on 21–22 August 2014 in Singapore. ICAFS 2014 will be a key forum to meet and discuss the many issues and drivers of food security. ICAFS 2014 is targeted at those with leadership responsibilities who want to understand and address the challenges affecting the Asian agri-food landscape. It will be especially useful for government leaders, agri-food industry experts, civil societies and NGOs, members of academia, and representatives of investment entities.
The programme consists of five plenary sessions which will address the following topics:
- Asia 2025 – Trends and Challenges to Food and Nutrition Security
- Food Supply and Demand – Improving Productivity Growth and Supply Chains
- Market Integration, Trade and Economic Access to Food
- Financing and Investing in Agricultural Innovation and Technology
- Charting an Integrative Approach for Asia towards Asia 2025
Additionally, a concluding keynote will be delivered by Mr Bindu Lohani, Vice President for Knowledge Management and Sustainable Development, Asian Development Bank. Confirmed speakers include Dr. Fan S.G. (DG, IFPRI), Dr. R.S. Zeigler (D.G. IRRI), Dr. Jomo Sundaram (ADG, FAO), Dr.Bayu Krishnamurthi, (Vice Minister for Trade, Indonesia), Mr. Davor Pisk (COO, Syngenta), Dr. Jikun Huang (CCAP, China) and many other prominent food security experts.
To confirm your attendance, visit https://wis.ntu.edu.sg/webexe/owa/icafs2014.online_order_page. For more information on ICAFS 2014 visit http://www.rsis.edu.sg/nts/article.asp?id=266&prev=Event&pyear=Upcoming.
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- International Organizations Reconfirm Support for Biotech Wheat Commercialization
- Scientists Analyze Citrus Genomes to Produce Resistant Varieties
- Kenyan Governors Call for Lifting of GMO Ban
- Phaseolus Genome Gives Insights into Nitrogen Fixation
- Scientists Show How Bacterial Protein in Aphid Saliva Triggers Plant Defense
- New Website for Fruit Genome Databases
- CCAFS-SEA and Partners Discuss Effective Communication on Climate Change
- A Comparative Study of GMO Labeling in the South Korea, US, and EU
- Australian GM Farmer Wins Landmark Case
- Scientists Uncover Root Mechanism to Boost Crop Performance
- Effect of Excessive UV-B Light on Soybean Plants
- OsMYB103L Regulates Cellulose Synthase Genes and Improves Leaf Shape and Strength in Rice
- Potassium Transport Gene in Soybean Enhances Its Resistance to Soybean Mosaic Virus
- Impact of Virus Resistant GM Wheat on Microbial Community Diversity
Beyond Crop Biotech
- Human Genome Project Gets Protein Equivalent
- Sheep Genome Decoded
- Functional Human Growth Factors Produced from an Insect-Baculovirus System
- International Conference on Asian Food Security
- ISAAA Infomercial: What Do People Say About Biotech?
- Biotech Corn Farmer Story in ISAAA Blog
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (February 1, 2023)
- Genome Editing Supplement (January 18, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (January 25, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: