Workshop on Biotech Crops for Bac Giang Farmers in VietnamMay 28, 2014
Ag Biotech Vietnam, a network member of ISAAA's Biotechnology Information Centers, in collaboration with Vietnam Union of Farmers Association, held a workshop on biotech crops and related issues in Bac Giang province on May 23, 2014.
Mr. La Van Doan, Standing Vice Chairman of Farmers Association of Bac Giang Province gave the opening remarks. Dr. Le Huy Ham, General Director of Agriculture Genetics Institute, Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development was the key speaker, who presented the science, benefits, and food and environmental safety of biotech crops as well as the progress of biotechnology in Vietnam. The country is looking forward to biotech corn and soybean commercialization in the next 2 years. Ag Biotech Vietnam's Mr. Le Duc Linh provided information on how knowledge on biotechnology is disseminated in the country and guided participants to access valuable information sources on biotech crops.
More than 50 delegates from the Agricultural Genetics Institute, Vietnam Union of Farmer Association, farmers and farmer leaders in Bac Giang province and in the region, and media practitioners participated in the workshop.
For details, contact Hien Le of Ag Biotech Viet at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Report Presents Agri-Biotech Global Market Trends for 2013-2019
- NaCRRI-UBIC Holds Awards Ceremony for Maiden Biotech Essay Contest
- Agri-biotech and Communication Workshops in Egypt
- Nigerian Govt Official Promotes Biotech for Food Security
- Colorado State University and Cairo University Meet on Joint Activities
- Scientists Identify Disease Resistance Gene in Pepper
- Researchers Find Key Pieces to Corn Yield Puzzle
- Photosynthetic Algae Sent Into Space to Elucidate Key Plant Mechanisms
- First Satellite Remote-Sensing Lab for Crops Opens in Pakistan
- Workshop on Biotech Crops for Bac Giang Farmers in Vietnam
- Scientists Work to Sequence Key Brassica Species
- Researchers Release First Phytophthora Map of Europe
- Memory Genes Allow Maize to Adapt to Repeated Dehydration Stress
- Cotton Acquires Improved Drought Tolerance by Overexpressing the TaMnSOD Gene
- Scientists Develop High Oleic Soybean By Targeted Mutagenesis
- Beet Armyworm Secretions Trigger Expression of Defense Genes in Tomato
Beyond Crop Biotech
- Shiitake Capable of Synthesizing Gold Nanoparticles
- 2014 BIO International Convention
- B4FA Releases Viewpoint Essays
- Bt Brinjal in Bangladesh–The True Story
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (December 7, 2023)
- Gene Editing Supplement (November 29, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: