Colorado State University and Cairo University Meet on Joint ActivitiesMay 28, 2014
Colorado State University (CSU) invited Dr. Mohamed Yousri Hashem, the Dean of Faculty of Agriculture at Cairo University and Dr. Naglaa Abdallah, Coordinator of BSc Biotechnology program, to initiate a collaboration program. CSU professors Drs. Jodie Hanzlik (Dean of Graduate Studies), Patrick Byrne (Professor of Plant Breeding/Genetics), Jim Cooney (Vice Provost for International Affairs), and Craig Beyrouty (Dean of College of Agricultural Sciences) highlighted the opportunities for academic and research collaboration.
The collaboration will also include Hawassa University in Ethiopia and University of Nairobi in Kenya. The program will include activities covering topics such as water resources and water management, GMO and biosafety, plant breeding for drought tolerance plants, precision agriculture, and biofuels.
For news on biotechnology in Egypt, email Dr. Naglaa Abdallah at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Report Presents Agri-Biotech Global Market Trends for 2013-2019
- NaCRRI-UBIC Holds Awards Ceremony for Maiden Biotech Essay Contest
- Agri-biotech and Communication Workshops in Egypt
- Nigerian Govt Official Promotes Biotech for Food Security
- Colorado State University and Cairo University Meet on Joint Activities
- Scientists Identify Disease Resistance Gene in Pepper
- Researchers Find Key Pieces to Corn Yield Puzzle
- Photosynthetic Algae Sent Into Space to Elucidate Key Plant Mechanisms
- First Satellite Remote-Sensing Lab for Crops Opens in Pakistan
- Workshop on Biotech Crops for Bac Giang Farmers in Vietnam
- Scientists Work to Sequence Key Brassica Species
- Researchers Release First Phytophthora Map of Europe
- Memory Genes Allow Maize to Adapt to Repeated Dehydration Stress
- Cotton Acquires Improved Drought Tolerance by Overexpressing the TaMnSOD Gene
- Scientists Develop High Oleic Soybean By Targeted Mutagenesis
- Beet Armyworm Secretions Trigger Expression of Defense Genes in Tomato
Beyond Crop Biotech
- Shiitake Capable of Synthesizing Gold Nanoparticles
- 2014 BIO International Convention
- B4FA Releases Viewpoint Essays
- Bt Brinjal in Bangladesh–The True Story
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (November 29, 2023)
- Gene Editing Supplement (November 29, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: