Monsanto Corn Technology Combinations Receive EU Regulatory ApprovalJuly 30, 2010
On 28 July 2010, Monsanto Company received the European Union authorization of two corn technology combinations-Genuity VT Double PRO (MON 89034 X NK603) and YieldGard VT Triple (MON 88017 X MON810). The authorization includes import, processing and food and feed use of grain and processed products. The final step in the approval process is the publication of the decision by the European Commission.
"We welcome the Commission's decision to follow the independent scientific advice of the European Food Safety Authority," noted Jerry Hjelle, Global Regulatory Lead. "Farmers use these and other technologies to help improve the productivity of their farms and raise grain in a more sustainable way that uses fewer pesticides. These authorizations will also enable shipment of grain and its derivatives from these products for use as feed ingredients by European livestock industry."
The import permissions for Genuity VT Double PRO and YieldGard VT Triple have been obtained in all key countries that import corn from the U.S.
For more information, visit http://monsanto.mediaroom.com/Monsanto_GM_corn_recieves_EU_approval.
The Crop Biotech Update is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a non-for-profit organization. The CBU is distributed for free to over 23,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in agricultural biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Africa and Brazil Launch Knowledge Sharing Initiative
- Tanzania Signs CAADP Compact
- Colombia Approves GM Soybeans for Commercial Planting
- Cornell to Construct $1.5 Million Bee Database
- USDA-ARS Partners with Kansas Bioscience Authority for Science Growth in the Region
- BioServe Develops PCR-Based GMO Screening Tests
- Study Shows Bt Cotton Benefits Women in India
- FBAE Requests for the Removal of Bt Brinjal Moratorium
- Bangladesh Agric Minister: Consider Modern Technology
- Indonesia Hosts ATBC 2010
- EU Approves 6 GMOs for Import
- New Bavarian Research Association to Prepare Plants for Climate Change
- GM Research Vandalized in Europe
- EFSA Reports on Public Consultation for the Draft Assessment of Allergenecity of GM Plants and Microorganisms
- Monsanto Corn Technology Combinations Receive EU Regulatory Approval
- Wheat Disease Resistance-like Gene Stimulates Susceptibility to Necrotrophic Pathogens
- Scientists Measure Concentrations of Cry1Ab Protein in YieldGard® Corn Hybrids
- Researcher Measures Leaf Transpiration Efficiency of Drought-resistant Maize Lines
- ICRISAT Training on Molecular Markers for Crop Improvement
- Ninth Mycological Congress, Edinburgh, UK
- Biodiversity and Sustainable Diets: An International Scientific Symposium
Subscribe to CBU: