New Plant-based Hershey’s Chocolates To Hit US MarketMarch 15, 2023
The Hershey Company announced the release of two new products made with dairy alternatives: the vegan chocolate bar Hershey's Plant Based Extra Creamy with Almonds and Sea Salt, and Reese's Plant Based Peanut Butter Cups.
Consumers can still expect the usual chocolate confections' texture but without the milk. This makes the products more accessible to vegans and those who need to limit their milk in-take due to health-related reasons. The company has opted to use oat milk to replace dairy milk, a feat that they started in 2021 with their previously released products in response to the changing preferences of consumers. The current line also has other products like portion-controlled treats, zero sugar, no sugar added, and high protein that offer a range of choices to different types of consumers.
The plant-based peanut butter cups are expected to be on the shelves this March, followed by the plant-based salted chocolate bar with almonds in April.
You might also like:
- New Chocolate has Its Own Pro-GMO Label to Promote GMO Farming
- Sustainable and Pro-GMO Chocolates Now Available to the Public
- Improved Cacao Reference Genome Secures the Future of Chocolate
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
- Wheat Gene for Yellow Mosaic Virus Resistance Sequenced
- International Research Team Released Faba Bean Genome
- Preventing Agrobacterium Overgrowth in Plant Transformation
- Know The Science Webinar Series: Pinoy Biotek for Us
- B-SAFE Webinar Series: Opportunities and Benefits of Aquaculture/Fishery Biotechnology to the Philippine Aquaculture/Fishery Industry
- Plant-based Mayonnaise Launched in the US
- New Plant-based Hershey’s Chocolates To Hit US Market
- Cellular Agriculture Key to Food Security, Says GlobalData
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (November 29, 2023)
- Gene Editing Supplement (November 29, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: