Know The Science Webinar Series: Pinoy Biotek for UsMarch 15, 2023
ISAAA Inc., in partnership with the Philippine Agriculture and Fisheries Biotechnology Program (DA Biotech Program), will hold the webinar on Pinoy Biotek For Us on March 16, 2023, at 2:00 PM (GMT+8). Registration is now open to all interested participants.
The Filipino biotech products that will be featured are:
- BioMEG, to be presented by Dr. Edgardo Tulin, Project Leader and President, Visayas State University, Baybay City, Philippines
- Spawning technology for mudfish, by Dr. Casiano Choresca, Scientist I of the Philippine Department of Agriculture National Fisheries Research and Development Institute, and Center Chief of the Philippine Fisheries Biotechnology Center
The online event aims to increase understanding and appreciation of Filipino biotechnologies and products by the general public, especially in the Philippines. It will also provide science-based information to target stakeholders for acceptance and adoption of Filipino-developed biotechnologies. Using these biotechnology tools and products can contribute to improving the state of Philippine agriculture. ISAAA Inc. Executive Director Dr. Rhodora Romero-Aldemita will moderate the discussions.
Register now for free to ensure a slot. To stay updated, visit the ISAAA Webinars page or follow ISAAA.org on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. You can also watch ISAAA webinar episodes in YouTube. For inquiries, email email@example.com.
You might also like:
- Philippines Approves Bt Eggplant for Commercial Cultivation
- Philippines Approves Golden Rice for Direct Use as Food and Feed, or for Processing
- Filipino Scientist Identifies Gene to Help Rice Plants Survive Drought
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
- Wheat Gene for Yellow Mosaic Virus Resistance Sequenced
- International Research Team Released Faba Bean Genome
- Preventing Agrobacterium Overgrowth in Plant Transformation
- Know The Science Webinar Series: Pinoy Biotek for Us
- B-SAFE Webinar Series: Opportunities and Benefits of Aquaculture/Fishery Biotechnology to the Philippine Aquaculture/Fishery Industry
- Plant-based Mayonnaise Launched in the US
- New Plant-based Hershey’s Chocolates To Hit US Market
- Cellular Agriculture Key to Food Security, Says GlobalData
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (November 29, 2023)
- Gene Editing Supplement (November 29, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: