Cellular Agriculture Key to Food Security, Says GlobalDataMarch 15, 2023
As the global population continues to grow, it is estimated to reach around 10 billion by 2050. The need for sustainable food systems has become more urgent. Cellular agriculture is emerging as one of the key technologies for decarbonizing protein production systems by directly producing products from cells, without the need to raise animals for slaughter or growing crops, says leading data and analytics company GlobalData.
According to Misa Singh, a business fundamentals analyst at GlobalData, cellular agriculture is an emerging solution for alternative proteins, and governments and companies are promoting investments in the field. Singh added that the Dutch government has announced a EUR60 million investment into the field, and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has issued the first ‘No Questions' letter about the safety of UPSIDE Foods' cultivated chicken product.
GlobalData's Company Filings Analytics Database reveals that companies are investing in producing and commercializing cellular agricultural products and partnering to help accelerate the creation of affordable cultivated meat.
For more details, read the news release from GlobalData.
You might also like:
- Ever After Foods to Produce Cultivated Meat Using Patented Platform
- Study Says SCiFi Foods Plant-Based Burger Better for the Environment
- Welcome to the Future of Food
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
- Wheat Gene for Yellow Mosaic Virus Resistance Sequenced
- International Research Team Released Faba Bean Genome
- Preventing Agrobacterium Overgrowth in Plant Transformation
- Know The Science Webinar Series: Pinoy Biotek for Us
- B-SAFE Webinar Series: Opportunities and Benefits of Aquaculture/Fishery Biotechnology to the Philippine Aquaculture/Fishery Industry
- Plant-based Mayonnaise Launched in the US
- New Plant-based Hershey’s Chocolates To Hit US Market
- Cellular Agriculture Key to Food Security, Says GlobalData
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (March 29, 2023)
- Genome Editing Supplement (March 22, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: