Workshop to Explore Policy Considerations for Gene Editing in Asia and AustraliaAugust 17, 2022
ISAAA Inc., BioTrust Global, the Malaysian Biotechnology Information Center (MABIC), Murdoch University, and the National Seed Association Malaysia will hold the workshop Policy Considerations for Gene Editing: The Asian and Australian Perspective at Sunway Clio Hotel, Petaling Jaya, Malaysia from August 23 to 25, 2022. The registration is still open for interested participants.
The three-day workshop aims to:
- raise awareness among stakeholders to enable science-based participation in the development of policy and regulatory framework for gene editing in Asian countries;
- facilitate harmonization in gene editing regulations in the region;
- and support advancement in gene editing applications.
This workshop intends to inform local policymakers, regulators, and other stakeholders about how they can proactively play a role in developing their respective national policies for gene editing to support international harmonization of gene editing policies, enhance applications of gene editing and reduce trade barriers, and ultimately, support sustainable food security.Registration fees for international participants from the private sector are US$200, inclusive of accommodation at Sunway Clio Hotel, meeting package, and workshop dinner. Registration fees for participants from Malaysia are RM400, inclusive of the meeting package and workshop dinner.
Download the workshop flyer for more details.
You might also like:
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- FAO Reports Decline in Global Food Commodity Prices for July
- Network of Plant Scientists to Help Improve Biotech Research Capacity Globally
- Synthetic Genes Found to Modify Root Structures and Increase Plant Resiliency
- Research Reveals Circadian Clock's Guiding Role in Plant Cell Differentiation
- Australian Scientists Identify Natural Plant Mechanism for Water Loss
- Workshop to Explore Policy Considerations for Gene Editing in Asia and Australia
- Vietnamese Government Push for Agbiotechnology to Help Mitigate Climate Change Effects
- EFSA: Five-event GM Stack Maize and Subcombinations as Safe as Non-GM Maize
- Tricoderma Gene Confers Sheath Blight Resistance to Rice
- Study Finds Long Noncoding RNA that Enhances Plant's Tolerance to Cold
- Pac1 Gene Integrated Into Sugarcane to Promote Resistance Against SCSMV
- CRISPR Reveals Role of OsPPR9 in Rice Chloroplast Development
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (February 1, 2023)
- Genome Editing Supplement (January 18, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (January 25, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: