Workshop to Explore Policy Considerations for Gene Editing in Asia and AustraliaJuly 13, 2022
ISAAA Inc., BioTrust Global, the Malaysian Biotechnology Information Center, Murdoch University, and the National Seed Association Malaysia will hold the workshop Policy Considerations for Gene Editing: The Asian and Australian Perspective from August 23 to 25, 2022 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
The workshop aims to:
- raise awareness among stakeholders to enable science-based participation in the development of policy and regulatory framework for gene editing in Asian countries;
- facilitate harmonization in gene editing regulations in the region; and
- support advancement in gene editing applications.
This workshop intends to inform local policymakers, regulators, and other stakeholders about how they can proactively play a role in developing their respective national policies for gene editing to support international harmonization of gene editing policies, enhance applications of gene editing and reduce trade barriers, and ultimately, support sustainable food security.
You might also like:
- APEC Members Discuss Genome Editing Technology and Policy Strategies
- ISAAA Holds Animal Biotechnology Workshop for the Asia Oceania Region
- The Global GM Regulatory Landscape and How Gene Editing Fits In It
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- WEF Puts a Spotlight on Genetic Engineering to Combat Climate Change
- Senegal President Signs New and Improved Biosafety Law
- Research Team Discovers Genetic Mutations that Made Rice Cultivation Possible
- Economists Analyze China's GE Crop Commercialization Dilemma
- Workshop to Explore Policy Considerations for Gene Editing in Asia and Australia
- Italian Lawmakers Support GM Crops to Fight Climate Change
- Scientists Discover the Gene for Cassava Mosaic Disease Resistance
- Research Reveals Lack of Consumer Awareness about the Contributions of Science in Food and Agri
- Study by International Experts Shows Global Wheat Production Can Be Doubled
- Research Reveals the Light Mechanism that Regulates Rice Flowering Time
- Experts Analyze Trends in Rice Research
- Bioengeered Bacteria Produces Renewable Fuel to Rival Rocket Fuel
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (February 1, 2023)
- Genome Editing Supplement (January 18, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (January 25, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: