ISAAA to Conduct Ag-Biotech Webinar for PH Judiciary, General PublicApril 20, 2022
ISAAA Inc., in partnership with Winrock International through the Boosting Food Safety in the Philippines (B-SAFE) Project, will be conducting an online seminar titled Biotechnology and Regulation in the Philippines on April 29, 2022, at 10:00 am (GMT+8). The registration is now open for interested participants.
This first session in the webinar series aims to increase awareness of accurate, science-based information of different stakeholders, which include the benefits, possible risks and risk-management approaches, and regulatory system of modern biotechnologies. The session is designed particularly for the members of the Philippine judiciary, including justices, judges, court personnel, and lawyers. It will also be open to members of the general public who want to enrich their knowledge base about ag-biotech applications in the Philippine context and recent developments on its adoption, products and benefits, and regulatory approaches. Participants will also have the opportunity to engage in virtual discussions and share relevant information and experiences with the resource persons and among themselves.
The webinar topics include biotechnologies, products, applications, and benefits in the global and Philippine contexts to be presented by ISAAA Inc. Executive Director Dr. Rhodora Romero-Aldemita, and the Philippine Biotechnology Regulatory System to be presented by Mr. Reimond Corona, Project Senior Technical Specialist at the National Committee on Biosafety of the Philippines of the Department of Science and Technology. The keynote message will be delivered by Dr. Rhodora V. Azanza, President and Academician, National Academy of Science and Technology, Philippines, and Professor at the Marine Science Institute, University of the Philippines Diliman.
Register for free to join the event. For inquiries, email email@example.com.
You might also like:
- Technology Developers Share Commercialization Experiences with Filipino Scientists
- Study Reveals Philippine Lawyers' Perception and Attitude Towards Agri-biotech
- Policy Makers and Lawyers Participate in Biotech Fora
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Farmers in Ghana Hope for GM Crop Benefits
- Oxitec Reports Results of First US Trial of GM Mosquitoes
- Agri Groups Call USDA to Handle Animal Biotech Regulatory Approvals
- China's DREB-GM1 Maize Not Harmful to Arthropod Community
- ISAAA to Conduct Ag-Biotech Webinar for PH Judiciary, General Public
- Australia's OGTR Receives Application for Commercial Release of GM Chrysanthemum
- Definitions, Perceived Benefits Affect Public Acceptance of Novelty Food
- European Commission Authorizes 3 GM Crops; Renews Authorization for GM Cotton
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (May 31, 2023)
- Gene Editing Supplement (May 31, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: