ISAAA is a not-for-profit international organization that shares the benefits of new bioscience technologies to key stakeholders, particularly resource-poor farmers in developing countries, through knowledge sharing, support to capacity building initiatives, and partnerships.
The booklet discusses in detail and in simple language agricultural biotechnology as it compares with conventional breeding, the agricultural biotechnology tools used in crops such as tissue culture and micropropagation, molecular breeding and marker-assisted selection, and genetic engineering and GM crops. A section on Answers to Frequently Asked Questions for food safety and environmental issues was also included to clarify important public concerns.
Pocket Ks are Pockets of Knowledge, packaged information on crop biotechnology products and related issues available at your fingertips.
- Latest Pocket Ks
- Pocket K 59 • Plant Breeding Innovation: TALENs - Transcription Activator-Like Effector Nucleases
- Pocket K 58 • COVID-19 Treatment Efforts Using Plant Technologies
- Pocket K 57 • Impact of GM Crops on Soil Health
- Pocket K 56 • Substantial Equivalence of GM and Non-GM Crops
- Pocket K 55 • Biotech-improved Animals
- Pocket K 54 • Plant Breeding Innovation: CRISPR-Cas9
- Pocket K 53 • Anti-Allergy Biotech Crops
- Pocket K 52 • Marine Biotechnology