The Impact of Gene Technology in Animal Agriculture and Food ProductionAugust 18, 2021
The Asia Oceania Regional Animal Biotech Virtual Workshop will tackle science and opportunities of animal biotechnology for food and agriculture on August 31 to September 1, 2021, 11:30-14:30 Manila time via Zoom. The registration is now open for interested participants.
By joining the workshop, participants will:
- be informed on current innovations in animal biotechnology;
- gain increased awareness on the benefits and opportunities in animal research targeting animal welfare and other applications in food and agriculture; and
- be equipped to make contributions to science-based policies in support of the utilization of animal biotechnology to enhance food security and agricultural sustainability.
International experts will serve as resource speakers in the workshop. Sessions in the first day of the workshop will be focused on the science and opportunities in poultry, aquaculture, swine, and cattle; as well as the policy considerations for biotech animals and the existing policies in selected countries. The second day sessions will tackle food, feed, and environmental safety assessments.
You might also like:
- Pocket K No. 55: Biotech-improved Animals
- ISAAA Kicks Off Discourses on Regulatory Approaches for Animal Biotech
- Animal Biotech Offers Potential in Addressing Food Insecurity
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- The Biotech Game: A Negotiation Simulation of Science Diplomacy
- The Impact of Gene Technology in Animal Agriculture and Food Production
- New Genotyping Technology to Boost Africa's Wheat Breeding Programs
- University of Illinois Study Opens Black Box of Herbicide Resistance
- Scientists Work to Improve Crops' Photosynthesis and Yields
- Researchers Develop Technique to Map Out Regulatory Switches in Maize Genome
- Gene to Make Plants Heat-Tolerant in Rising Temperatures Gets Patent
- Philippines on the Right Path With Genome Editing Regulations
- GMO Panel Finds GM Carnation Does Not Pose Risk To Health, Environment
- EFSA GMO Panel: Cotton GHB811 as Safe as Conventional Counterpart
- Researchers Present Prospects for Genome Editing of Potato
- IGI Works on Net-Zero Farming and Carbon Capture
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (February 1, 2023)
- Genome Editing Supplement (January 18, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (January 25, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: