Biotech Experts to Tackle Global Impact of GM CropsOctober 21, 2020
ISAAA invites you to the webinar, "Global Impact of GM Crops" to be held on October 26, 2020 at 3 PM (GMT+7) via Zoom.
During this ISAAA webinar, agricultural economist Graham Brookes of PG Economics will share the highlights of his study on the economic and environmental benefits of GM crops from 1996 to 2018, particularly the following:
- agricultural environmental impact;
- return on investment for the farmers using the technology; and
- contribution to global food security.
Graham Brookes is an agricultural economist and consultant with more than 30 years' experience of examining economic issues relating to the agricultural and food sectors. He is a specialist in analyzing the impact of technology, policy changes, and regulatory impact.
Dr. Rhodora Romero-Aldemita will tackle the global adoption of GM crops in 2018. Mr. Danai Narkprasert, Director of Biotechnology Research Development Office, will also discuss the status of agri-biotechnology in Thailand. Sukan Sangwanna, Secretary-General of the Federation of Agricultural Safety, will share a farmer's perspective on biotech crops.
This webinar is hosted by ISAAA SEAsiaCenter, in partnership with CropLife Asia and Biotechnology Alliance Association, Thailand. Wicha Thitiprasert, Former Director of Plant Varieties Protection Office will serve as the moderator of the webinar.
Register now for free to reserve a slot.
You might also like:
- GM Approval Database
- Biotech Crops Continue to Help Meet the Challenges of Increased Population and Climate Change
- Contribution of Biotech Crops to Sustainability
The Crop Biotech Update is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a non-for-profit organization. The CBU is distributed for free to over 23,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in agricultural biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
- International Team of Scientists Identify Common Vulnerabilities in COVID-19 and Other Lethal Coronaviruses
- COVID-19 Virus Can Survive 28 Days on Surfaces
News from Around the World
- WHO Refers to GM Mosquitoes as Beneficial Technology
- Scientists Use Glowing Venus Flytraps to Understand Its Closure Mechanism
- Pamela Ronald is 2020 World Agriculture Prize Laureate
- Pinkglow™, Del Monte's Pink Pineapple Now Available
- Indian Farmer Confirms Socio-economic Impact of Bt Cotton
- Biotech Experts to Tackle Global Impact of GM Crops
- EFSA Study Concludes Maize MON810 Poses No Risk to Humans, Animals, or the Environment
- Researchers Pinpoint Peanut Genes Linked to Salt and Drought Tolerance
Plant Breeding Innovations
- New Tool to Accelerate Crop Improvement with CRISPR
- New Genome Editing Tool Designed to Make Big DNA Edits
Subscribe to CBU: